Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2017 SC State USPSA Championship

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, deerassassin22 said:

I'm a C class bring it on loo

And we are in the same squad.... I need to think about switching back to revolver (and consider reloading ammo for my revolver to shoot the match with also).

There would still be Area 6 to shoot single stack. I still cannot figure out how out of 600+ competitors signed up for that match, that only 6 registered for Revolver Division.:huh::blink: One percent? Really?

Edited by Blueridge

On 3/4/2017 at 10:13 AM, paul788 said:

Just sent Linda the request to change to Revolver.  Still shooting on Friday with the rest of the staff.  Be sure to say Hi on Saturday.

Paul Beck A49023

I will if I remember will be in a BBI Secondary shirt :)  Look forward to shooting against some other wheel guns for a change.

My understanding is that they are now approved.  Also, sent a notice out to all registered shooters.  If you think you are shooting the match & did not get an email message from me tonight, get in touch.  You may have an error in your email address.  

Since not everybody does Facebook, stages & schedule are also posted here: http://www.lchico5u.com/2017SC_Stages.pdf & http://www.lchico5u.com/Sat_Schedule.pdf

• 2 weeks later...

I went to this match because it was close match and a level II.  I shot it about 2 or 3 years back and had the same problems.

Pro's:  The Staff Was Great

Pro's:  No Pasting

Pro's:  Stages

Pro's:  Food truck was good and people were nice.

Pro's:  The RO's never let out one complaint about the long waits they just kept pushing people thru.

Pro's:  The Hearing Guy was on site

Con's:  We waited over 2hrs to shoot Stage 1 after completing Stage 9

Con's:  I waited until 8:15p.m. to see awards got tired of waiting and left not sure when it actually happened or if it even did.

Con's:  Didn't see much of anything on the prize table for a match with 250 people.

Edited by deerassassin22

I am only writing this because every shooter I spoke with was complaining about it and every shooter made a valid point. 

If you have 13 squads then you need 13 stages. It seems to be an easy concept to grasp. 

After 30 plus majors I have shot, this is the only club that adds 3 breaks to the schedual, 1 no problem. Every squad has to make that walk so don't add 3 breaks plus Lunch. 

I was told they don't have the room. Fine, then don't have the match or at the very least only have 9 sguads. Oh and as far as room, they had their cars parked in Shooting bays at the top part if the range. No room? Smh,

It's been like this every time this range hosts the State match. I ask about the all the breaks and I get told because of the walking time from the top stage to the lower stage ?? Last I check it only takes 7 or 8 minutes to walk if you walk slow. They add in breaks with nothing for the shooters to do except go to the next stage and then we still get jammed up for hours at the end. The breaks do not excuse them of the responsibility for having 13 squads to shoot 9 stages and making everyone wait hours, period.  

I don't understand it other than its about money.  It's not ok to add more shooters and Squads and NOT add more stages and staff but they add  in breaks every stage or 2 and think thats good enough. Well No, actually it is not good enough. This may be the last state match for me and many others to hear them talk at this range If this contenues to be how this match is run.

What a disappointment that part was. We had 4, first stages at this match. Smh.

Thank you to each of the RO's they busted ass pasting and trying to keep the match moving along.  I can't imagine how they felt to look up having finished one squad only to have 3 more squads waiting to get started.  Thank you for the hard work!!

Hey Matt,

thats one reason I didn't shoot the match,I miss seeing all the guys you only see once a year.

They had a great turnout,,stages looked good..

The volunteer RO cadre from South Carolina are always so courteous, friendly, and professional. They are to be commended. None of the match issues should be attributed to them, from my point of view.

Our squad was also backed up most of the day, causing long waits between stages.

Our crew also hung around for a while after we fired our last shot, thinking we would stay for awards, but after an hour + other squads were still shooting so we headed home.

That part was mildly annoying, but the gravest issue was the changing of stage layout between days. On at least two bays, target presentations changed from Friday to Saturday.

That kind of competitive equity issue should just not happen at a Sectional/state level match.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, wtturn said:

The volunteer RO cadre from South Carolina are always so courteous, friendly, and professional. They are to be commended. None of the match issues should be attributed to them, from my point of view.

That part was mildly annoying, but the gravest issue was the changing of stage layout between days. On at least two bays, target presentations changed from Friday to Saturday.

That kind of competitive equity issue should just not happen at a Sectional/state level match.

I agree with the first point 110% they did a great job.

What changed?  I'm just curios didn't get to see them on Friday?

Target stands and/or barriers were moved. There was a shoot-thru on 9 that we noticed on Friday that was not present on Saturday, and a set of targets with no shoot on 4 that became available a full step father down the fault line on Saturday. I picked a very specific index in my stage plan during walk through on Friday and was surprised when it had shifted during our official 5 minute walk through Saturday.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Please don't take the issues I heard throughout the day from other shooter as complaints against anyone that worked this match. Everyone truly appreciated the efforts of the crew and no one ever had anything but praise for the gang working hard so we can simply shoot.  

Again thank you you all for the hard work throughout the match!!