Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I'm going to make you grape jelly (trigger pull)

ryridesmotox

It's Sniperboy's fault... I went to get my gun to help him... While I had it disassembled trying to figure out what could cause a bind in his  gun that would lead to his issues... I happened to break out some more polish.

14# hammer spring, titan, bolo, one piece sear, CGW sear spring, CGW firing pin spring on the plunger, canik trigger pin, polished everything, areo shell on contact points... 

Remember when you are looking at these averages of 5 pulls on my Lyman... It's a 14# hammer spring... Maybe my gun is a factory freak... Maybe my spring is mellow yellow... I dunno.

It will also light off pretty much any factory ammo, or self loaded ammo as long as the primer is not seated half assed.

Single action:

20161223_183551_zpsm4mmpylr.jpg

Double action:

20161230_184848_zpsbtqj3knp.jpg

Edited by ryridesmotox

1 hour ago, LMS said:

Please take the thin plastic protective shipping shield off the face of your Lyman trigger scale - it's one of my pet peeves.  :D

I took a stove out of a house once that still had the blue transparent clingy plastic on the whole top panel! Drives me nuts too!!

52 minutes ago, johnbu said:

Actually, you've now entered the "Johnbu zone" ! Welcome to the land of milk and honey .... honey smooth triggers.

I've been there for some time. I have no idea how I got this low with a 14# spring though. That's the crazy part.

4 minutes ago, ryridesmotox said:

I've been there for some time. I have no idea how I got this low with a 14# spring though. That's the crazy part.

I think Memphis has a thread where he compares different hammer spring weights.  There wasn't much difference w/ a couple of the lighter ones he had available, including the 14# he uses.  Again, it seems like Tanfo's manufacturing tolerances come into play here, like the depth of the frame where the hammer sits.  Maybe you have a deeper hole - less pressure.  I think we've all been doing our best w/ polishing and changing out parts.  Some just get lucky w/ better specs from the manufacturer.  Can't do anything about that.

12 minutes ago, MissionaryMike said:

I think Memphis has a thread where he compares different hammer spring weights.  There wasn't much difference w/ a couple of the lighter ones he had available, including the 14# he uses.  Again, it seems like Tanfo's manufacturing tolerances come into play here, like the depth of the frame where the hammer sits.  Maybe you have a deeper hole - less pressure.  I think we've all been doing our best w/ polishing and changing out parts.  Some just get lucky w/ better specs from the manufacturer.  Can't do anything about that.

Oh yea I for sure must have a factory freak. But I have another all original gun I have to do up for backup purposes. We will see how it turns out. Honestly I don't think I'll get it quite this good. But who knows until I try it. Have to order some PD stuff soon and get to work on it.

7 hours ago, ryridesmotox said:

It's Sniperboy's fault... I went to get my gun to help him... While I had it disassembled trying to figure out what could cause a bind in his  gun that would lead to his issues... I happened to break out some more polish.

14# hammer spring, titan, bolo, one piece sear, CGW sear spring, CGW firing pin spring on the plunger, canik trigger pin, polished everything, areo shell on contact points... 

Remember when you are looking at these averages of 5 pulls on my Lyman... It's a 14# hammer spring... Maybe my gun is a factory freak... Maybe my spring is mellow yellow... I dunno.

It will also light off pretty much any factory ammo, or self loaded ammo as long as the primer is not seated half assed.

Single action:

20161223_183551_zpsm4mmpylr.jpg

Double action:

20161230_184848_zpsbtqj3knp.jpg

Sweet

4 hours ago, ryridesmotox said:

Oh yea I for sure must have a factory freak. But I have another all original gun I have to do up for backup purposes. We will see how it turns out. Honestly I don't think I'll get it quite this good. But who knows until I try it. Have to order some PD stuff soon and get to work on it.

What do you estimate the cost at for new internals.

I went and made a cart full of all the stuff you need  EXCEPT FOR the extended firing pin block. Out of stock, apparently.

Oops, just noticed an extra spring. Revise total down by 10 bucks.

EGD Xtreme EAA / Tanfoglio Witness Guide Rod Short    
    $39.90    

$39.90    
    EGD Xtreme Titan Hammer    
    $112.95    

$112.95    
    Tanfoglio Optimized "BOLO" Interrupter    
    $45.99    

$45.99    
    Tanfoglio Optimized Firing Pin Spring    
    $8.95    

$8.95    
    Tanfoglio Optimized Firing Pin-Extended    
    $48.95    

$48.95    

Tanfoglio Optimized Hammer Spring 14lb    
    $9.95    

$9.95    
    Tanfoglio Optimized Sear Spring - Reduced Power    
    $3.95    

$3.95    
    Tanfoglio Optimized Trigger Return Spring - Reduced Power    
    $7.95    

$7.95    
Cart Totals
$288.54
Flat Rate: $7.50
$0.00
$296.04
Proceed to Checkout
Product Categories

WWW.PATRIOTDEFENSE.COM    
Website by: Potter's Graphics

====================

Edited by johnbu

2 minutes ago, johnbu said:

I went and made a cart full of all the stuff you need  EXCEPT FOR the extended firing pin block. Out of stock, apparently

====================

We have qty-55 on the way :D.... If customs doesn't hold things up should have them at the end of next week. 

Maybe just having a "spring pack" for all the coily bits.

A "trigger pack" for the bolo/titan/sear/FPB.

And "recommended hard parts" for the front sight, guide rod, etc.

Also I think you should seriously consider stocking clicky pen springs for an "undetectable crappy reset" package.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

32 minutes ago, Sniperboy said:

Consider it good karma for being a good samaritan and offering to help a stranger : ) that is an awesome trigger pull!

Lol right? Haha I don't know how though. Usually I'm kind of a dick. Rofl

2 hours ago, johnbu said:

You know, you should have a kit builder or multiple levels of kit. Then people could just add it with just one click.

Because it is confusing ordering up "the good stuff". Just say'n...

;)

AR platforms have em. They are called oops kits. Springs, detents, pins, stuff like that... Pretty much everything that you going across the space time continuum whilst trying to assemble a rifle. Lol

Having a pack that one could buy of springs would be cool. I have to order multiples again for my newer stock 2 (which incidently has a HORRIBLE trigger from factory). But I like to have a bunch of extra springs and stuff. Never can tell when someone or I, may need one mid match. Now all I need is a pit crew of Johnbu and ARy and a gun can get totally stripped and re sprung in 38 seconds

1 hour ago, MemphisMechanic said:

The pit crew rebuilds his primary while he's shooting the backup.

At the risk of going full Tactical Timmy on you all... if you don't have a backup for your backup , you're not prepared at all.

8 is 7