Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I'm going to make you grape jelly (trigger pull)

ryridesmotox

5 hours ago, johnbu said:

I went and made a cart full of all the stuff you need  EXCEPT FOR the extended firing pin block. Out of stock, apparently.

Oops, just noticed an extra spring. Revise total down by 10 bucks.

EGD Xtreme EAA / Tanfoglio Witness Guide Rod Short    
    $39.90    

$39.90    
    EGD Xtreme Titan Hammer    
    $112.95    

$112.95    
    Tanfoglio Optimized "BOLO" Interrupter    
    $45.99    

$45.99    
    Tanfoglio Optimized Firing Pin Spring    
    $8.95    

$8.95    
    Tanfoglio Optimized Firing Pin-Extended    
    $48.95    

$48.95    

Tanfoglio Optimized Hammer Spring 14lb    
    $9.95    

$9.95    
    Tanfoglio Optimized Sear Spring - Reduced Power    
    $3.95    

$3.95    
    Tanfoglio Optimized Trigger Return Spring - Reduced Power    
    $7.95    

$7.95    
Cart Totals
$288.54
Flat Rate: $7.50
$0.00
$296.04
Proceed to Checkout
Product Categories

WWW.PATRIOTDEFENSE.COM    
Website by: Potter's Graphics

====================

Thanks.  Will that fpb be back in stock soon

You can always tell where ARy and I have been by the trail of stripped Tanfo frames up on blocks.

3 hours ago, ryridesmotox said:

. Now all I need is a pit crew of Johnbu and ARy and a gun can get totally stripped and re sprung in 38 seconds

You guys are obscene.  I hate you guys! : O

You can probably see the phone if he moves the focus point to the left I can see Ryan's sleeve.  Just make sure you're wearing pants...  or not...

Edited by Sniperboy

16 minutes ago, MemphisMechanic said:

When I can see a crisp enough reflection that I can tell which model of cameraphone you use, I'll be impressed.

My phone was in the hole for the plunger rofl. I'm too lazy right now to take another one.

Sniperboy, sent me your guts... I'll polish them (the pistol guts I mean, I don't think I could do much with a liver except replace mine with it)

I saw in a movie that with Fava beans and chianti it's pretty good...

10 hours ago, ryridesmotox said:

Sniperboy, sent me your guts... I'll polish them (the pistol guts I mean, I don't think I could do much with a liver except replace mine with it)

Of all the things polished, that little guy (and the post) have the greatest impact on your  DA pull. I spend about one full hour on them. Da reduced by 2 pounds  with just that in most cases. Take copious amounts of care to get that sucker right and you will be rewarded.

Edited by johnbu

8 minutes ago, johnbu said:

Of all the things polished, that little guy (and the post) have the greatest impact on your  DA pull. I spend about one full hour on them. Da reduced by 2 pounds  with just that in most cases. 

Why.

Why?!

Why are we just learning this now?!

Sprints to the garage and grabs the blue magic polish...

I thought it "went without saying"....so i didn't say it.

If you do a statics force vector diagram applying a mostly horizontal force to overcome a mostly vertical resistance requires  a large horizontal force. Each of the "zips" in the zipper feel is a resistive force needing to be overcome. Eliminating those discontinuities can drastically reduce the  force required.

Imagine each ridge as paired gear teeth, youn need to force them apart to move. The force holding them together is greater as the spring force increases. That's why clicky pen springs were popular.

21 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

When I can see a crisp enough reflection that I can tell which model of cameraphone you use, I'll be impressed.

Well it had to be the trigger bar... The plunger isn't big enough.

@Sniperboy... You can watch all you want... But it takes a long time to get it that shiny. Seriously those 3 parts took the better part of an hour. And I had already polished them before. They are a little better now than I had them before I took the gun down tonight. It can be quite time consuming to get it right. Take your time doing it and it will work out good.

I use a combination of Arkansas stones and sand paper. I've also done 1911 trigger jobs and built my own stuff on a few platforms. Don't just dive right into this with some sand paper if you don't know what you're doing. It takes time. 

Edited by ryridesmotox