Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Deleting old attachments?

Sniperboy

Tried to do a search but can't seem to find the answer.  I am trying to delete some old attachments but I can't seem to.  I tried clicking MY ATTACHMENTS on the top right of the page on my USERID, but it seems like the thread (an old for sale ad) has been deleted already so I have no access to it.  I am just trying to clear up space and bandwidth for posting pics.  Thanks for your time and if this has been addressed before and I missed it - I apologize.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

Does anyone know how to delete your old Attachments? Trying to post a WTS - but says I have reached my quota and need to "Manage Attachments to free up space" I have pictures going back to 2010 and they are no longer needed and will be happy to free up space.. Thanks in advance

I'm not seeing anything in my own profile for managing attachments/storage, either.

Can you post some examples of pictures you'd like to delete here? I can do an system-level removal to see if that helps.

ima45dv8,

Here's a screen shot from page page 4 of "My attachments" which one can find by clicking the down arrow next to their name at top right - I circled it here. On this page I cannot find a way to delete any of the attachments.. 

Thanks

Screen Shot 2020-06-21 at 7.46.38 AM.png

FWIW, I see the same thing as pmd. I can view and sort, but not delete.

image.png.6966f10d54b6f0fb6dc4a43bf4351415.png  image.png.f335ea9bded632ccf30bcc3d444edf75.png

I have yet to find any menu that will allow deletion. Perhaps it is a forum option or related the the expiration of edit capability?

3 hours ago, pmd said:

Here's a screen shot from page page 4 of "My attachments"

Paul, 

That screenshot is informative but won't work for what I want to try. Either post here, or send me a PM, with links to some attachments you think you can live without and let me use my mystical, God-like powers to delete them. Then we can see if that helps reduce what the system sees are your "allowance".

Thanks...

20 minutes ago, ima45dv8 said:

Paul, 

That screenshot is informative but won't work for what I want to try. Either post here, or send me a PM, with links to some attachments you think you can live without and let me use my mystical, God-like powers to delete them. Then we can see if that helps reduce what the system sees are your "allowance".

Thanks...

Will do.. Only trying to delete as I got an automated message saying I was over my limit and needed to manage attachments.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I think the attachments get automatically deleted if the post where they were used is deleted (ie. the attachment is orphaned).

The only thing I can think of that might allow the attachment to be deleted is to access the post where it was used (it’s shown under the attachment in the My Attachments page) and edit it to remove the attachment.

However, if there is a time limit imposed to prevent edits on old posts then it won’t work.

4 minutes ago, BritinUSA said:

I think the attachments get automatically deleted if the post where they were used is deleted (ie. the attachment is orphaned).

The only thing I can think of that might allow the attachment to be deleted is to access the post where it was used (it’s shown under the attachment in the My Attachments page) and edit it to remove the attachment.

However, if there is a time limit imposed to prevent edits on old posts then it won’t work.

There is a time limit...

Let's just say that per the forum, no one should be having a storage issue.