Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ben stoegers books

nikdanja

I got the skills and drills book along with dryfire practice. Both books are AMAZING! I love uspsa and I wanted to do some drills but all the stuff I saw online and YouTube were guys that were at the same skill level as I or weren't high enough to take advice from. Bens books are great and I would recommend them to everyone. 

• 1 month later...
On 12/30/2016 at 2:17 PM, nikdanja said:

I got the skills and drills book along with dryfire practice. Both books are AMAZING! I love uspsa and I wanted to do some drills but all the stuff I saw online and YouTube were guys that were at the same skill level as I or weren't high enough to take advice from. Bens books are great and I would recommend them to everyone. 

Hey local guy! Have you checked out the clubs in the area yet? You're right around the corner from Lower Providence. 

On 12/30/2016 at 1:17 PM, nikdanja said:

Ben's material is great and his four day class was also VERY helpful.

That guy above me? Talk to @waktasz, go to a match he's at, and hit him up for advice on getting better. 

He's fairly good.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

6 hours ago, waktasz said:

Hey local guy! Have you checked out the clubs in the area yet? You're right around the corner from Lower Providence. 

Hey! I am right down the road from lower prov. I go to new holland, ountelaunee and southern Chester. 

3 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

That guy above me? Talk to @waktasz, go to a match he's at, and hit him up for advice on getting better. 

He's fairly good.

If ontaleanee wasn't the same day as my home club match I'd be shooting there with those guys. It's ten stages I think. 

12 minutes ago, waktasz said:

What match is the same day as Ontelaunee? Talk to them and make them move it! You're missing out

I wish I'm the match director and fourth Sunday is always the action pistol day. I just got all the paperwork back from uspsa to sanction. I've been debating taking a class from you as well

18 minutes ago, waktasz said:

What match is the same day as Ontelaunee? Talk to them and make them move it! You're missing out

I wish I'm the match director and fourth Sunday is always the action pistol day. I just got all the paperwork back from uspsa to sanction. I've been debating taking a class from you as well

my home club is Matamoras rod and gun club 

Edited by Nathanb

I literally just got the paperwork back a week ago and was added to the club listing on he uspsa site. 

We ran an outlaw match for the last six years or so. Was idpa and then transitioned to a uspsa hybrid match. I took over match director duties last year and moved it to uspsa format and then official club sanctioning this year. We averaged about 48 shooters a match even with the other matches on the same weekend. Being so close to ny and nj brings in an interesting mix of shooters 

For reals. If you're going to overlap with one of the other clubs, don't overlap with the club that runs a two day, 10 stage match. Then again your club is way the hell up there in NE PA. Most people down here don't go up that far

ben's books are great. I'd also strongly recommend the dude's book that posted in this thread. Mr Enos. His Practical Shooting: Beyond Fundamentals is a classic. Most of the other authors on his books page probably read that book when they were starting out. All of the top shooters I know have read Brian's book. Most still have it and read it again and again. 

I think the must have books would be:

Brian Enos - Practical Shooting

Ben Stoeger- skills and drills (and probably dry fire and practical pistol too)

Lanny Basham - With winning in mind

Start with those 3 and build from there. 

He's fairly good.

So are you, waktasz, doing and classes anytime soon? I'm also shooting New Holland tomorow if the weather is OK.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

(If you type @waktasz with an @ symbol in front, it'll let you click on his name and it turns into a blue box.)

Now he will get a notification to visit this post next time he logs in since I just used his name. So he'll actually see this. ;) 

Edited by MemphisMechanic