Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Am I legal with the holster set like this?

ArrDave

Production holster Ghost -The Thunder. I am about a half inch behind my hip bone, half inch above the belt and had to bend the holster in slightly to get it about 1.75" from my inner belt. Does this look legal?

088c0263005650dfe381db0fbe3d5b04.jpg4609756a7941042032cf847668aa65e3.jpg965695eca1ef32e7a2a677d73b5f232c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It "looks" very legal. You sure its only 1.75" from the inner most surface of the belt equipment (against the
pants/body) to the closest point of the grip of the handgun? It really looks like the muzzle is pointing way out from your leg. As in, the grip seems too close.

It "looks" very legal. You sure its only 1.75" from the inner most surface of the belt equipment (against the
pants/body) to the closest point of the grip of the handgun? It really looks like the muzzle is pointing way out from your leg. As in, the grip seems too close.

I had to adjust it to cant in some then adjusted it again to remove doubt, which lead to the more extreme angle.

2 hours ago, ArrDave said:

I had to adjust it to cant in some then adjusted it again to remove doubt, which lead to the more extreme angle.

It looks much less than 2 inches, so it legal. It looks much closer than necessary 

Dialed it back some and works better.  I tried putting it forward right on my hip bone but that didnt' work with my draw mechanics.  I think I have the inward cant within an acceptable margin of being legal at this point. 

Is that a ghost belt? How is the stiffness compared to other brands (if you have tried or experience with)?

I got a ghost belt from Amazon for under 40$. Fairly stiff, not sure how it compares, but it doesn't flex at all. I have no issues with mine.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Is that a ghost belt? How is the stiffness compared to other brands (if you have tried or experience with)?

My buddy said it's "maybe a little stiffer than his DAA". I wouldn't know as it's my first