Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SPS Vista 38SC Review

mike_pinto

Was extremely curious so I picked one up and have been playing with it.  Had a well known smith put two holes in the barrel and stabilizer holes in the side of the comp.  Threw a DP Pro on a Cheely mount and stippled the grip.  That's all.  It shoots great.  I had a heck of a time getting it to cycle my handloads, (extractor tension and OAL) but it runs like a scalded ape now.  Very tight gun and extremely accurate.  I have put almost 1000 rounds through it and it looks like it's going to be a great gun, not just for an entry level Open gun.  I know these have been reviewed before but I thought I would throw this out there.  If anyone has any questions or is thinking about getting one, let me know and I will help the best I can. 

Mike

Edited by mike_pinto

It is kind of a strange effect. The gun was flat enough the dot didn't come out of the window but kinda stung the palm each shot. My DVC in 38SC does the same thing. The holes actually softened that more than kept the muzzle down, although there is slightly less rise. All in all, I would suggest it on these guns since you don't have to modify the slide at all. The lens gets a little smokey when shooting the BBI's with the holes, but that's easy to clean. ;)

Yeah, the 9 major rounds I tried cycled beautifully. The AA major loads with the 125's were like butter. My reloads took a little tuning of the extractor to get right. Found out it was the oral and my magazines not letting go early enough. ;) I have chrono'd about every make of open gun out there and these are as soft as any I have felt. The stainless gripped ones are pretty hard to beat but they are sooo heavy. 

On 12/30/2016 at 6:41 PM, mro111lland said:

Ya they told me they are available and are trying to get them to the States but that was a year ago 

I tried my best to get them here.  I loved handling that gun.