Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Extra Christmas present

BritinUSA

I've been waiting for this lens for months, it finally arrived today… Sony 70-200mm F2.8 GM lens (105-300mm on my camera). This thing weighs in just under 5lbs. 

I can't wait to put it downrange and let bullets fly all around it…. after I get it insured, assuming that my policy covers damage by high speed lead projectiles… 

IMG_7673.JPG

Edited by BritinUSA

• 2 weeks later...

I have a tripod already and just waiting for a monopod setup to arrive as well. I took a few shots at the zoo the other week and now I'm waiting to try it out at a local race-track to check the auto-focus speed. I can't wait for the major shooting season to start….

LVS00115%202.jpg

There's nothing like good glass to make photography miraculously satisfying. I remember when I picked up two nice quality lenses for my older Minolta X-700, the difference was amazing. Things have since gone way digital and THAT was a quantum leap for me and my sense of "miraculously satisfying."  But I saw to it I bought good glass for the digital unit, too, and that made a difference. Congratulations.

Some of the photos I took in 2016 were significantly better than previous years thanks to better lenses. Using lenses with F1.4 to F2.8 gives me a much faster shutter speed and I think that has contributed to so many 'bullet capture' shots. The new Sony A6500 is on its way to me now and the increased buffer should allow me to get even more in 2017.