Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

A second gun

Right now I think of shooting PCC for fun, not for competition. For the people who are shooting PCC with the idea of improving, competing and winning do you have a second pcc like you would in a pistol division?

Having a second pistol is smaller and lighter so easier to carry around the match, whereas a second rifle takes up "more". But a PCC definitely isn't too expensive to have a back up, so I'm jsut wondering who has one?

Absolutely. With the low cost options it doesn't make much sense not to have a back up.  My first match I drove nearly three hours to play. I had multiple issues which prevented me to have even one clean run. It was a benefit match and I was still having fun so I stuck it out. The thought of a second gun was on my mind all day! I won't shoot another match like that without one in the car. 

Right now i'm shooting a SBR MPX as my main gun in uspsa. I don't exactly have the coin and patience to drop for another MPX and $200 tax stamp while waiting a year for it to be approved. I thought about picking up a Full size MPX or JP down the road so my wife can also play during the weekends but I just don't see that happening for a while either. So instead I carry a parts kit like I do for my 3gun rifles, that should cover everything except a catastrophic failure. If SIG ever releases their damn caliber conversion kits, I'll have a second upper I'll carry around to majors (I'll get a "free" upper assembly for having a 1st gen MPX)

Edited by DocMedic

Just finished up my second PCC for a back-up or whatever.  Digging around found some items on sale, plus what was in my parts box...Picked up another Hahn bottom feed for one of my .223 AR's and boom!  have another one.  I put a internal fake suppressor on the 16" barrel so see if that would make much difference in dot bounce.  Makes the carbine "look" like a short barreled rifle with a suppressor(as the "suppressor" is not past the end of the barrel).  These things are just plain fun to shoot and very inexpensive.  Taking both to the match on Sunday...they'll let me shoot one of them as a "reshoot"(doesn't count for score) just to make sure everything is running correctly. 

I built a PSA 9mm 16 inch AR before PCC started to practice with on steel on a pistol range. My buddy let me shoot his MPX SBR so now I am waiting on my MPX SBR stamp so I guess I have two - one AR 9mm and one MPX. I like the 9mm AR as a way to practice with an AR anyway. Plus lots of fun to shoot!