Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tested!! 4 hammer springs in the same gun.

MemphisMechanic

What procedure are you gentlemen using to accurately measure the peak of the pencil's flight? It seems like it'd be tough to be accurate enough to gauge it to the nearest centimeter (or 1/4")* by watching it launched next to a tape measure with the naked eye.

* A quarter inch isn't equal to once centimeter. I know this. You understand my point nonetheless

Sorry if I borrowed your thread. Btw I use naked eye.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, tedahlenius85 said:

Sorry if I borrowed your thread. Btw I use naked eye.

All good with me - keeps the information all in one place for later searching.

I'm planning to do something similar too. See how a PD 14, Wolff 14, and E.G. Medium compare in the pencil test. Compare the standard and Patriot heavy firing pins too.

Hopefully I feel motivated to play with it tomorrow.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

3 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

All good with me - keeps the information all in one place for later searching.

I'm planning to do something similar too. See how a PD 14, Wolff 14, and E.G. Medium compare in the pencil test. Compare the standard and Patriot heavy firing pins too.

Hopefully I feel motivated to play with it tomorrow.

Memphis, ill get you the hammer springs your missing in the mail this week. It'll help everyone out seeing the consistency from one gun to keep the constant standardized. 

13 minutes ago, PatriotDefense said:

Completely agreed..... but for the sake of this thread we can at last see what he comes up with as he's done a pretty good job gathering data. 

Patroit Defense offered to send a 10 & 12lb spring my way. I'm going to repeat the trigger pull tests all the way from PD 10lb up to EGD Medium.

My current goals for my gun are to pull it down and polish the absolute crap out of the internals and try to get it down to 5-5.5ish pounds with my 14lb spring. If I can - you can't get every Tanfo down that low. 

Then I'm gonna bump spring weight upward until I get back up around 6 pounds, and hopefully have a gun that eats anything. Anything. Including 20 year old corroded Wolf primers which were seated by a small child on a Dillon 650.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

I went from an EGD light to PD14 and my trigger's feel improved while the weight remained the same. After break-in the PD14 weights dropped a good 6 oz in DA and 3 oz in SA. So I'm at about 6 lb 12 oz and 2 lbs 14 oz. This is a very very good trigger in my opinion for the games. Anything lighter makes me uncomfortable because I prep the trigger for harder shots.