Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MKA SIGHT IN PROCESS

fenceboy

15 hours ago, NMBOpen said:

I zero for slugs at 50y. Except for short distance, if the dot is near the target, birdshot will hit. Hold slightly above target for close, just like you would with a rifle's mechanical offset.

Same here. Zero slugs @ 50 yards and birdshot is near perfect.

gerritm

• 3 weeks later...

Its been years since I bought my MKA 1919 and the first thing I did was remove the plastic front sight tower, the carry handle and the factory chokes.  Tossed them in a box and never saw them again.  Replaced the chokes with Carlson extended chokes.

If they have notches, maybe they use the same "code" as Browning.

Choke notches.jpg

14 hours ago, Flatland Shooter said:

Its been years since I bought my MKA 1919 and the first thing I did was remove the plastic front sight tower, the carry handle and the factory chokes.  Tossed them in a box and never saw them again.  Replaced the chokes with Carlson extended chokes.

Choke notches.jpg

I have Briley extended ported chokes from IC, LM, mod and a ported Carlson IM choke for long and tight shots when there are no shoot plates, spinners, BS, & heavy plates. The Carlson choke really holds a tight pattern. I have shot my slugs thru all of these with no change in POI. I use IC & LM the majority of shots. I have the mid barrel T & N comp. Not sure if the ported choke helps, but they look good.

gerritm

On 1/16/2017 at 4:21 PM, Flatland Shooter said:

Choke notches.jpg

What pattern choke tube does the MKA use? 

• 5 months later...
19 hours ago, rlhhds said:

Then what may I ask?

Have you barrel re-threaded for win chokes. Win-choke will screw in but its loose and sloppy until it bottoms out.

We had some of our breacher chokes threaded for the match 21mm pattern but if you plan on shooting a lot of 3-gun have it reamed and rethreaded.

On 1/16/2017 at 3:21 PM, Flatland Shooter said:

Choke notches.jpg

Remington ProBore chokes are the opposite - more notches means tighter.