Just received my Patriot Defense Firing Pin

First thing I noticed is the fact that it feels smoooooth

Is about as long as the Henning Extended FP but way heavier

Pencil test shows about 2 inches of improvement

Range review scheduled for tomorrow

f7d0c6259bfccf89c230777d95cd7b5a.jpg

9bc6e659c88a425efe8c273a859c1194.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Its smooth because of the Unicorn tears we use to polish the pins with........ Glad you received it and thanks for posting up a quick initial thoughts link.  

14 minutes ago, PatriotDefense said:

Its smooth because of the Unicorn tears we use to polish the pins with........ Glad you received it and thanks for posting up a quick initial thoughts link.  

No wonder HRC lost the election!  You guys been hoarding all the unicorn tears and liberals weren't able to drink them while worshiping her!  

You're racist!

1 minute ago, MemphisMechanic said:

That photo is helpful. I see four key places where you managed to make the pin weigh more.

Hopefully it puts my gun over the edge from 95% to 100% reliability without making any other modifications.

Now my gun is never gonna make 43 oz. 

Kidding. 

Maybe...

we'll see. 

4 minutes ago, MemphisMechanic said:

That photo is helpful. I see four key places where you managed to make the pin weigh more.

Hopefully it puts my gun over the edge from 95% to 100% reliability without making any other modifications.

the hardest parts was keeping the CG somewhat centered still on the pin.....

1 minute ago, PatriotDefense said:

Easy.... your getting to close to my "safe" place with those accusations. 

Sorry!  

You hear somehing enough....

on a serious note, I'll have mine when I get home!  

I just want to say that I am extremely unhappy with my purchase.  

By sending the new FP pre-polished I lost a good bit of time working over the part with Blue Magic.  So now I don't get to huff the fumes and I have to spend time with my wife tonight now instead...

In all seriousness I got mine today.  I can't wait to get out to the range to try it out.  I have not had reliability issues since I got rid of the Henning FP but, now I can see just how low I can get the hammer spring while staying 100% reliable ignition.  

It certainly looks like it is going to be a home run for PD.

Thanks for all effort getting this out so fast.

10 minutes ago, billthemarine2862 said:

I just want to say that I am extremely unhappy with my purchase.  

By sending the new FP pre-polished I lost a good bit of time working over the part with Blue Magic.  So now I don't get to huff the fumes and I have to spend time with my wife tonight now instead...

In all seriousness I got mine today.  I can't wait to get out to the range to try it out.  I have not had reliability issues since I got rid of the Henning FP but, now I can see just how low I can get the hammer spring while staying 100% reliable ignition.  

It certainly looks like it is going to be a home run for PD.

Thanks for all effort getting this out so fast.

Thank you sir, first for the heart attack and then the compliment. 

Still awaiting the USPS delivery of my firing pin.  Apparently national returns day has been keeping them busy.  

Just wondering if the new polished firing pin comes complete with a vial of unicorn tears I can use to polish my Lim Pro with or is that vial a separate purchase on the PD website :)

59 minutes ago, V2plus25 said:

Still awaiting the USPS delivery of my firing pin.  Apparently national returns day has been keeping them busy.  

Just wondering if the new polished firing pin comes complete with a vial of unicorn tears I can use to polish my Lim Pro with or is that vial a separate purchase on the PD website :)

We currently only have one unicorn on staff and this time of year they're rather hard to source. Maybe once supply picks up we'll offer vials of unicorn tears on the site for all your polishing needs. Still not convinced the one i bought off gunbroker is full bred or not......

IMG_7917.PNG

1 hour ago, PatriotDefense said:

We currently only have one unicorn on staff and this time of year they're rather hard to source. Maybe once supply picks up we'll offer vials of unicorn tears on the site for all your polishing needs. Still not convinced the one i bought off gunbroker is full bred or not......

IMG_7917.PNG

Looks legit.

2 hours ago, V2plus25 said:

Ahahahahahahaaaa finally the new firing pin showed up! Looks like I'm all ready to put these parts in. All I'm missing now is the dremel felt bit doused in unicorn tears to ensure the ultimate polish job.

PD parts.JPG

Send me that bourbon and I'll have your gun polished so like a mirror a coke head would do lines off your trigger bar.