Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

This a GOOD 650 Deal?

I have a Hornady LNL with everything minus a bullet feeder. I do 9mm, 45, 40, 380, 223, 308, and blackout. I want a Dillon 650 so I can mount a router trimmer I got and cut 223 down to blackout in bulk utilizing the case feeder. Also be nice to trim and size 308 and 223. 

Soo...I came across an used 650. Seller is selling for a friend who claim it was only used for 100rds. 

Seller wants $1600 and includes: 

press, case feeder, 3 plates for case feeder, 4 quick change setups, 3 conversion kits (only 2 I need) stron mount, powder check, 45 die set, spare parts kit, RCBS trimmer and some primers. 

That sound like $1600 to you? Seller wont ship so if he's got it in a month when I'm able to drive there. He turned down my $1475 and 5+ hours of total driving to get it. 

I can likely sell my Hornady LNL setup for $1k I think. Not totally sure. There's a lot there. $800 for sure I know that. 

Seems high to me, if you going to spend that much just get a 1050, would be my thinking.

Add it up on Dillon's site - used Dillon's typically run 80% of new unless something unusual or barn find, etc.  Also depends on what "some' primers actually is...100, 1000, 10000?

4 QC kits, but only 3 conversions and one set of dies - so he's keeping dies it sounds like.

I don't need dies but did think the 4 extra powder dispenser (quick changes) would be nice. I'll have to add it up again and subtract 20% and see if that's where the guy is at. It's a long shot as the seller keeps saying the guy he's selling it for doesnt haggle, wont budge on $50. 

I agree with everyone else. A bit pricey.

Since Dillon prices are constant wherever you go, although than you might shop around and get a small break on shipping, the easiest way to go is the Dillon Precision website with a shopping list of only the things that you need.

Edited by MikieM