Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need an electronic scale

Swanny10

So I should have made the two hour drive to cabelas on Black Friday and bought the RCBS charge master combo that they had at a great price but I didn't. I know I can buy the scale separately but it's much more expensive that way. 

Therefore, if I were to buy an electronic stand alone scale what would you all recommend? Keeping in mind I'd like the most quality for my dollar. 

Agree with what Daniel is asking.  What are you going to use it for?

Trickling rifle charges or just general pistol reloading? 

I have a high quality digital scale for precision rifle, but for 95% of my reloading which is pistol/.223 I use a Jennings scale that cost less than 50 bucks.  I have precision check weights and it always checks good.  Plus, by throwing five or ten charges and averaging you are effectively increasing your scale resolution.  

For charge checking, most battery powered digital scales are sufficient.  I had a Hornady that I used for a while but it started walking all over the place.  I then replaced it with a Gemini 20 that I picked up on Amazon that is pretty solid.  It seems the Frankford Arsenal digital scale is another popular option on the forum.

I recently started loading rifle rounds and found that the battery powered digital scales would turn off as I'm trying to fine tune the powder measurement or constantly replacing batteries.  I wanted a plug in unit to solve the issues and went with the GemPro 250 after reading numerous reviews here.  It was either the Dillon or the GemPro.

• 2 weeks later...