Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lim Pro Machining :(

PatriotDefense

Is it just us or do Lim Pro's have terrible Machining?.?.?.... like to the point it looks like someone with a hand drill and an end mill cut the fire control pocket in the receiver. I've seen some of the highest factory DA and SA numbers with these guns and they require quite a bit more polishing/tuning just to see decent numbers. The older "marking" guns aren't as bad as the newer "marking" guns, but dang.......

The last stock2 I took down to polish looks like my toddler milled out the slide with a hole saw and a dremel.. That particular gun pulled at 12# also.. But my Lyman cuts off at 12# as well... you be the judge

Edited by ryridesmotox

5 minutes ago, ryridesmotox said:

The last stock2 I took down to polish looks like my toddler milled out the slide with a hole saw and a dremel.. That particular gun pulled at 12# also.. But my Lyman cuts off at 12# as well... you be the judge

Yup. My gauge fits out too. So, it's over 12# but that's due to the last 1/8" of pull where it stacks up bad! 

A kid on the pistol team I coach is getting a new lim pro. I "get to" work it over for him while showing him the ins and outs of tanfo guts. . I hope it's not that horrid.  but, my son's LP was machined by a marauding band of drunk monkeys and it's got the highest trigger pull of all mine.  

Oh, I would sanitize that wrecking ball in a flaming vat of bleach before using it to knock down sn outhouse.

Edited by johnbu

Got some grips for Christmas for my Witness Match Elite that I bought about 4 years ago, thought I'd do a polishing pass on it since I never did when I was shooting it. Wow. All the parts were so much cleaner than my 2015 Lim Pro. The plunger didn't have steps on it, the trigger bar was actually smooth with no chatter marks. Really put to shame the new Lim Pro.

Thinking about swapping the older parts into my new Lim Pro..........

A friend and I  tried the trigger on my last Stock 2 and it was awful.  We measured it using the Lyman trigger gauge and the first reading was 11lb 13oz.  Then it maxed out at 12lbs after that.  Don't remember the single action poundage.  

2 hours ago, ARy said:

I was just getting ready to PM you some nudes... 

Wow.  I just shuttered.  

2 hours ago, PatriotDefense said:

Bwahahahahahahaha trying to keep that stuff off the boards so you don't get expelled again. 

Right?

Seriously?  If it wasn't for the BOLO and the other PD Optimized parts, I wouldn't even think about the move to Tanfo.  It's just too messy for me.  I mean, I wouldn't transition to a Glock or anything, but I'd be happy w/ my CZs.