Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

To SBR or not to SBR.

29 minutes ago, Sarge said:

Thanks. As I have been contemplating SBR I wondered just how much I could actually do until getting approved.

I don't know all the answers but I think this is about it. Lord, you will have a blast with it. I sure do . It is a good way to practice till my stamp gets to me and I can then play PCC.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's really it. I've been through he short barrel process four times. I keep a pistol tube handy just for the ability to call it a pistol. I've got short barrel ar15s an ar10 an 870 and an mpx. The process isn't hard it's just long and you have to be very particular about how you go about it. You'll have a bunch of people tell you how hard it is and this and that and it really isn't. On top of my six stamps I've helped five or six people with theirs. The wait is the hardest part. Luckily I have enough toys I can throw things in the safe and forget about them til the stamp clears 

• 2 years later...
On 1/23/2017 at 7:28 AM, bmiller said:

If I have a registered SBR lower,and a match comes up that I want to shoot in a short time frame, can I swap a 16" upper on it and cross state lines without filing paperwork?  

I know this post is old but you were given incorrect information. 

NFA item or not, SBR is a configuration. When you change the upper to be fully compliant across state lines you don't need to worry about NFA paperwork. As long as it is not in SBR configuration, you can take it across state lines without a 5320.20.