Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dedicated Dry Fire Timer

Nemesis Lead

I have a dry fire routine that took me from B Class to M Class.

However, I never used a dry fire timer.  To get to GM, I think that I have to change that.

Is there a dry fire timer or phone ap that really stands out from the rest?

Many thanks in advance.

Not one that will pick up clicks of your hammer falling at least that I know of anyway. But if it's par times you are chasing standard shot timer in your phone  apps should work for it. Good luck. The one I use is from innovated app

Edited by a matt

All you really need a timer for is to learn what is feels like to push hard. If you're already M you probably already know how to go fast. Getting to GM from M is more about refining the skills you already have.

Whenever you hit a plateau, the best course of action is usually to go back to the beginning and the drill the fundamentals hard. You don't need a fancy phone app or timer. Having done a lot of it in the past, I feel like par time dryfire is largely overrated. It can be a good tool if you're pushing particularly hard on a single drill, but I don't think a timer is necessary to make GM as long as you know how to push your limits.

On 12/25/2016 at 8:18 PM, Nemesis Lead said:

I have a dry fire routine that took me from B Class to M Class.

However, I never used a dry fire timer.  To get to GM, I think that I have to change that.

Is there a dry fire timer or phone ap that really stands out from the rest?

Many thanks in advance.

B class shooter here, I want to know what dry fire routine youre doing that took you to M class!

I also dont use a timer to hone in my skills but @ times I need to know if Im really pushing myself, will a timer helps?

1 hour ago, TennJeep1618 said:

I use a CED 8000 for dry fire because of the repetitive mode and the headphone jack, but I hate it for live fire.  I use a Pocket Pro II for live fire.

i agree 100% with TennJeep1618  I like the PP & PP II also I happen to have the Pact but the headphone jack is the cool thing.