Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best Colt 9mm mag PCC lower receiver?

I own a PSA dedicated lower for colt mags.  I have been happy with it.  I built a magwell for it, mag changes are fast.  A friend has a cmmg dedicate lower.  It is made from a regular ar forging.  So the magwell is full length.  So the cmmg has a little extra weight from the chunk of aluminum in front of the magwell.  It basically has the same chamfer around the hole.  I made a magwell for him, it reloads just as fast. I would say the cmmg has higher quality anodizing.  I don't believe he had to adjust his ejector, I had to on mine, nothing major.  I am happy with the PSA, the anodizing is good enough for me.  

I'm pretty sure the PSA is re-branded from another manufacturer.  I'm not sure what that manufacturer is.   I know that CMMG parts fit, though.  

I have a blem PSA lower and have been happy with it, but don't know the differences between the various dedicated colt lower brands.

Edited by Bamboo

I don't think it is available for sale yet but Patriot Ordnance Factory had a video of their new SMG up on FB. It takes Colt mags but appears to have a more generous magwell opening.

I recently went Glock lower, but if I lived in a free state I would try to pick up one of those for sure. I've been disappointed with some small parts sold by POF but I think the receivers are generally well liked. 

I have a CMMG Colt lower that's been very good. As stated above, it's a standard forging with a Colt size hole in it, leaving plenty of material for the Dremel wizard in all of us. My bolt and barrel are CMMG also, they make good stuff. So do a lot of other outfits, too. Everybody I know has a different brand of PCC, they all work well. 

Hello: Still waiting to hear about the lower from Quarter Circle 10. I sent two emails over the past two days and no reply. They must be very busy over there. Hopefully I will hear something soon. Thinking of maybe going to Nationals and shooting PCC in March if everything works out. Thanks, Eric

2 hours ago, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello: Still waiting to hear about the lower from Quarter Circle 10. I sent two emails over the past two days and no reply. They must be very busy over there. Hopefully I will hear something soon. Thinking of maybe going to Nationals and shooting PCC in March if everything works out. Thanks, Eric

I ordered on the 28th from QC10 and just received shipping notice today. Also had applied for a dealer account earlier that was just approved as well. I think they had a lot of backlog around the holidays. Good luck with your build. 

11 hours ago, JHicks8h said:

I ordered on the 28th from QC10 and just received shipping notice today. Also had applied for a dealer account earlier that was just approved as well. I think they had a lot of backlog around the holidays. Good luck with your build. 

Hello: I ordered on the December 27th and nothing yet. Will see. Thanks, Eric

8 hours ago, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello: If you need a quick response from Quarter Circle 10 Courtney is the one who gets it done. I should have the lower soon. The build will begin then. A big thank you to Courtney! Thanks, Eric

Thanks Eric!  Every girl likes a compliment, but, we really do work as a team at QC10.  I just happened to be quicker on the draw today.... Cannot wait to see the build!QuarterCircle10-AR15-Colt-Lower-Receiver-Right.jpg

5 hours ago, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello: When I receive the lower next week I will take some pics of it. From what I have seen in pics it has one of the largest magwells for Colt magazines. Thanks, Eric

I will do the same for the glock magwell as well. Glad to see all the information sharing. 

Have a CMMG lower in my build, along with a CMMG lower parts kit, bolt and barrel.  So far the rifle has been flawless function wise. If I could do it over I'd start with a QC10 lower just for the looks.  Otherwise I'm completely happy with the CMMG stuff.