Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Would this make a good CCW belt?

3djedi

2 minutes ago, davsco said:

doesn't look all that rigid to me, at least from the pics.   hit a gun show, at least at the ones near me, there are usually a few vendors there selling thick leather belts.

Thanks. Do you know of any good CCW belts that have a slider/rachet type adjustment ability?  I have a 5.11 instructors belt but really don't care for it that much. Looking for a good belt but not sure what to get. 

• 2 weeks later...

I would recommend "Beltman" belts.  I've had mine for going on 5 years now and it is still a great belt.  I have worn it every day since the day I got it.  Used it as my uspsa belt for a year and carry a full size M&P without any sag at all.

They're spendy, but I have a feeling I still have a lot of years to go on this belt before it breaks down.

You can get a fire starter on Amazon for like $5 [emoji6]

Is this the kind of buckle you're looking for:  http://www.aresgear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=99_108&products_id=454.  Also super expensive though.

I really like the Wilderness belt for $50.

That ares belt is awesome! I've got a ranger that gets worn a lot. The Aegis buckle would fit with my dress clothes much, much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

5.11 has a 1.5" Casual Belt with a stiff inner liner.  I have 2.  One I wear under my duty belt and the other for everyday with my Kimber IWB. Had both over 6 years and the one for duty wear has only broken down in the tongue area. Otherwise they're both still in great condition body-wise.

Edited by FlyingTiger53
add