Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone have problems cerekoting ar barrels?

nikdanja

I've Duracoated several and never had any problems. As long as it's applied correctly I doubt Cerakote will come off easily. Assuming it's a standard rifle and not a full auto sbr or something, your barrel might get hot, but not hot enough to cook the paint off.

• 2 weeks later...

I have cerakoted several ar's and their barrels, and I haven't heard of any problems from any of the people. If you feel you will be shooting so much that you will get over the temp range, have the barrel done in air dry. I have coated quite a few suppressors with the air dry and haven't had any issues with color change. Hope it helps and have a good day.

• 3 months later...

Cerakote oven cure will offer the best overall resistance to wear etc for all general parts.

You will want to use the air cure for your barrel, as it's designed to be cured through high barrel heat and will offer the the highest temp resistance for your barrel.

I have extensive "coating" experience and some practical experience with Cerakote and its application.

Go to cerakoteguncoatings.com for a much better (downloadable instruction guide in pdf) explaination of the proper product and application.

I know this is an old thread...just thought others may find some value.