Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Real Thing

Jim Watson

They have to allow it because the way its written.   Pulling off the FLDC section on ESP and CDP opens the doors for a few weapons.   One that comes to mind is a STI Rangemaster if it makes weight.   The Les Baer Monolith would also make the list if the weight is right.  These guns were not ESP legal before because they did not meet the SSP requirements.  

It should also open ESP up to the Cajun bushing because again its not listed on the non-inclusive list.   

I don't see it.  

To me, the dust cover/rail doesn't have anything to do with it.  

The slide Is machined by someone other than the manufacturer and a non-OEM part is added. 

Hey I've been wrong before so who knows?

I'm fairly disappointed. They could have made changes with this new rule book to allow for several new guns that would let folks shoot USPSA production and IDPA. 

Also, a "non-inclusive list" means "just because it's not on the list doesn't mean it's allowed"!  

Anyways, good luck. 

Edited by B_RAD

8 hours ago, RangerTrace said:

Do I need a lawyer or a law degree to shoot IDPA?  I was beginning to think it might be a good fit for me now, but after a quick glance of this thread......I think maybe not.

No, you just need a DNROI to make a ruling on every question you could ever think of. Oh, wait a minute......

10 hours ago, RangerTrace said:

Do I need a lawyer or a law degree to shoot IDPA?  I was beginning to think it might be a good fit for me now, but after a quick glance of this thread......I think maybe not.

Only if you shoot a Shadow or some heavy breed of STI.

Show up with a Glock or an M&P or a 75B or a Tanfoglio Limited Pro or a traditional flavor of 1911 and you can win without drama.

Mostly. As long as the ROs like you and you wear the right brand of vest.

Just remember, whatever you do, let the Wilson Combat drivers win. Unless you want to be at 3 seconds per point down in 2018. ;) 

Edited by MemphisMechanic

10 hours ago, RangerTrace said:

Your 1911 will work just fine.

Unless IDPA matches line up better with your schedule, I can't see why long time USPSA shooters should gravitate to IDPA because of the newest rulebook.

19 hours ago, kells81 said:

...Paul the Edge I just sold had a bull/heavy barrel and I am pretty sure its still on the Nogo side of things.  If you have an Edge with a bushing barrel it would fly and possibly make weight....   

I just asked this question in another thread on this forum.  What differentiates the barrel in the Edge ( a bull or non-bushing) barrel from every other barrel in Glocks, Tanfo Lim Pro, etc. that don't use a bushing?  I get it that a Stock 2 "Cone Barrel" would be excluded  as would a Wilson Combat Tactical Elite flanged barrel.