Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Real Thing

Jim Watson

Well,.... while I'm glad they made fault lines mandatory, I feel they still screwed the pooch on it!  "Fault line shall be aligned with cover line from the first target in the array when engaging targets in tactical priority from PoC". 

The pic they show looks to confirm what I think by reading that. 

To me it looks like It may be easier to tell and enforce cover but it looks like it's gonna be more of a hard lean and I'm wondering if more folks will end up getting more PE from the new fault lines?

13 minutes ago, Jim Watson said:

Yes.  I don't know if I can contort around the corner in the example.  Perhaps done to punish us, "You wanted fault lines, we are going to help you fault on them."

Ha ha. 

It was because of the milling of the slide for the bushing from a "custom shop". 

You could shoot a regular sp-01 shadow in ESP with full length rail/dust cover . If it's legal in SSP it is/was legal in ESP. 

The bushing being external and requiring milling from someone other than the factory makes it illegal.   

23 hours ago, B_RAD said:

It was because of the milling of the slide for the bushing from a "custom shop". 

You could shoot a regular sp-01 shadow in ESP with full length rail/dust cover . If it's legal in SSP it is/was legal in ESP. 

The bushing being external and requiring milling from someone other than the factory makes it illegal.   

If the wording is right now its no longer illegal because you do not have to get to ESP through SSP any longer with the FLDC delete in the rules.   

Paul the Edge I just sold had a bull/heavy barrel and I am pretty sure its still on the Nogo side of things.  If you have an Edge with a bushing barrel it would fly and possibly make weight.   

1 minute ago, kells81 said:

If the wording is right now its no longer illegal because you do not have to get to ESP through SSP any longer with the FLDC delete in the rules.   

Paul the Edge I just sold had a bull/heavy barrel and I am pretty sure its still on the Nogo side of things.  If you have an Edge with a bushing barrel it would fly and possibly make weight.   

I don't think so. 

The old rules allowed you to shoot the fldc in ESP because it(SP-01) was legal for SSP. 

Thats not a requirement anymore for the fldc. 

The internal only accuracy work work is still in affect for ESP. So, the Accu is still illegal. 

At least thats how im reading it. 

the accu isn't legal because CZC isn't a manufacturer according to idpa. the only place you can get an accu is CZC making you one.

guns from czc that are "target" models are illegal because of the slide miiling for the lpa sights. the guns don't come from cz-ub or even cz-us with a lpa sight cut.

doesn't seem like what is in the ghost 2017 rule book changes any of these facts.

I think this lets it into ESP B_Rad,  

1. Recoil spring guide rods and dual spring recoil systems made of material that is no heavier than stainless steel.

2. Slide inserts to accommodate a different recoil assembly design. 

You have this still there but technically your not removing material from the exterior of the slide.  

8.2.2.3 ESP Excluded Features and Modifications (Non-Inclusive list):

1. Removal of material from the exterior of the slide other than front cocking serrations, tri-top, engraving, carry melts, and high power cuts. 

3 minutes ago, rowdyb said:

the accu isn't legal because CZC isn't a manufacturer according to idpa. the only place you can get an accu is CZC making you one.

guns from czc that are "target" models are illegal because of the slide miiling for the lpa sights. the guns don't come from cz-ub or even cz-us with a lpa sight cut.

doesn't seem like what is in the ghost 2017 rule book changes any of these facts.

But it does because you do not have to get to ESP VIA SSP any longer.  In ESP you can have milled slides for different style sights.   That only mattered before because the SSP rules. 

8.2.2.2 ESP Permitted Features and Modifications (Inclusive list):

1. Sights may be changed to another notch and post type. Slides may be machined to accept different style sights. 

Edited by kells81

boom, there ya go! that's good for shooting an lpa cut gun in idpa.

but the accu to them is a special part installed by a custom gun place, czc to them isn't a manufacturer. so you won't be shooting an accu in ssp. i was in arkansas training with mink the very moment he got that call that year the accu was banned in the days before idpa nats. i got to hear all the arguing first hand. it doesn't matter what is true or not, good luck shooting an accu in ssp in a sanctioned match.

Edited by rowdyb

Rowdy I am not talking about shooting it in SSP.  I am talking about shooting it in ESP.  Its definitely not allowed in SSP because of the slide machining for the sights/recoil assembly.  Thats the reason the targets and ascu's were not ESP legal because the mods put it out of SSP.  Pulling the FLDC rule off of ESP changed the whole legalities of that now.  

So my Edge weighs 42.9 oz with a flgr, a full weight slide, 126mm mag and nitrofin. So if my nitrofin was not ground to prevent slide lock, would it be legal for use? It would still be active, it just wouldn't work because my thumb was riding it, kinda like when I shoot my XD/XDms. 

57 minutes ago, kells81 said:

Rowdy I am not talking about shooting it in SSP.  I am talking about shooting it in ESP.  Its definitely not allowed in SSP because of the slide machining for the sights/recoil assembly.  Thats the reason the targets and ascu's were not ESP legal because the mods put it out of SSP.  Pulling the FLDC rule off of ESP changed the whole legalities of that now.  

I think it'd be awesome to be able to shoot one in IDPA! 

I still think they're not gonna allow it. Not even in ESP. I don't think you're argument for the rule about recoil assembly will work sinc it's a mod to increase accuracy. I've read on the inter web somewhere that someone asked HQ about the Cajun bushing and they ruled it was external.  So that would definitely make me think the CZC bushing would also be considered external. Rules say internal accuracy work only  

Who knows though,....

Edited by B_RAD