Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Vibrating Tumbler

59 minutes ago, amada8 said:

IGG.... clean quality might be new machine, but more likely you are using new media.....?

I think it is the combination of both. Compared to my FA this is almost violent. My FA had movement, however this looks like a fast flowing waterfall into a sink hole! Everything in there is in a constant flowing motion, pretty awesome.

No doubt the Dillon, Thumblers and other almost $200 tumblers do a great job and will last a long time but I just can't see spending that much for something that has no discernible benefit on my shooting.  My FA has been going strong for eight years and I can buy five of them for the same cost.  So, lets see......a Dillon might last me forty or more years but I'm 66 years old so do the math.

Seriously though, I've never noticed a speck of dust anywhere around my machine.  I put six quarters of used dryer sheets in each batch but even the few times I didn't, there wasn't a dust issue so I'm wondering why so many people who wet tumble say one the biggest reasons they do it is because of the dust produced by dry tumbling.  Clean primer pockets is the only real benefit I can see to the wet method but I don't want to mess with the rinsing, draining and separating, I don't want to be sticking a few hundred cases in the oven a couple times a week and I surely don't have the room to spread them out to dry for two or three days.  I'm more than satisfied with how mine look when they come out.

Sorry, I don't mean to start a wet vs dry discussion but I just couldn't help myself.

4 hours ago, tcoz said:

No doubt the Dillon, Thumblers and other almost $200 tumblers do a great job and will last a long time but I just can't see spending that much for something that has no discernible benefit on my shooting.  My FA has been going strong for eight years and I can buy five of them for the same cost.  So, lets see......a Dillon might last me forty or more years but I'm 66 years old so do the math.

Seriously though, I've never noticed a speck of dust anywhere around my machine.  I put six quarters of used dryer sheets in each batch but even the few times I didn't, there wasn't a dust issue so I'm wondering why so many people who wet tumble say one the biggest reasons they do it is because of the dust produced by dry tumbling.  Clean primer pockets is the only real benefit I can see to the wet method but I don't want to mess with the rinsing, draining and separating, I don't want to be sticking a few hundred cases in the oven a couple times a week and I surely don't have the room to spread them out to dry for two or three days.  I'm more than satisfied with how mine look when they come out.

Sorry, I don't mean to start a wet vs dry discussion but I just couldn't help myself.

Understood, I really had no issues with my FA other than it had to run all the time. The D2001 cleans faster, better and up to 2000 9's at a time. Consequently I don't have to hear it all the time...

Cheers!

5 hours ago, Youngeyes said:

Putting the lid on a tumbler is like bolting your bench to the wall. It holds the bowl tighter which increases the vibration effect.

Indeed, others have also mentioned the same, mine stays snugged on my D2001. Extremely happy with the results!

Have a great weekend!