Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CMC doesn't work

I struggled trying to get a single stage 3.5 CMC to work in my ar-9 for about a week until another guy put one in his and he had the same problem. CMC es no bueno in PCC so I'll see if the hiperfire will run in it(should).

The CMC had reset issues and would fail to reset about 10% of the time. I emailed CMC but all I heard outa them was crickets. 

Edited by 3gunDQ

My CMC wont run in my PSA (piece of shit armory) carbine with their BCG... wont work, not reliable at all. I have a friend with a different PCC and different trigger (same model CMC) and his wont run either. I put my PCC CMC in a AR-15 rifle and it runs like a sewing machine.... maybe I got a PSA dud? very possible.

My CMC no bueno in my 9mm ATI carbine.

RRA 2 Stage NM trigger works fine.

I believe it has to do with the profile of the hammer and how it interacts with the bolt. Won't go back far enough to catch the disconnect or. I suppose if one wanted to they could weld up the front top corner of the hammer and recontour it.

Go figure,

• 2 weeks later...
My CMC no bueno in my 9mm ATI carbine.

RRA 2 Stage NM trigger works fine.

I believe it has to do with the profile of the hammer and how it interacts with the bolt. Won't go back far enough to catch the disconnect or. I suppose if one wanted to they could weld up the front top corner of the hammer and recontour it.

Go figure,

I'm running the POF 3.5lb single stage flat trigger in my ATI, and it works perfectly so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had issues with the CMC in a past rifle, so haven't even considered one of those. I tried a RRA NM Varmint trigger and wouldn't ignite primers with the JP bolt, but never tried the 4.5# version. I have a Geissele SSA-E in one lower and works with everything. Hyperfire in one lower and has worked with everything so far. I have a regular mil-spec trigger that came with the parts kit that I trimmed the hammer hook from and use JP yellow springs that hasn't missed a beat yet. I have 3 bolts; a JP, Spinta Precision, and Kaw Valley and haven't found any of them to be more sensitive than the others.

11 hours ago, cas said:

Isn't this a ramped / not ramped bolt carrier issue?  (I haven't messed with pistol uppers in many years so its all fuzzy memory)

Yes, that's exactly it.  The hammer was designed for .223/5.56 bolts, and the ramped 9mm bolt doesn't always drop the hammer enough to reset it.

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, watlow said:

Great....I'm a PSA with a CMC guy and seeing the same issues.....anyone got a bullet proof trigger for a PCC? Thanks for any help

I put a hiperfire in mine and it has been 100% ever since my CMC woes.

10 hours ago, watlow said:

Great....I'm a PSA with a CMC guy and seeing the same issues.....anyone got a bullet proof trigger for a PCC? Thanks for any help

I'll second the JP PCC trigger with JP internals. I initially went with the JP because the trigger was both good and reliable. No regrets since and I'll be building a 2nd JP now that the GMR-15 is out.

11 hours ago, watlow said:

I'm running a Timney 3 lb. trigger in my ramped bolt AR9 and have over 3k thru it with no issues.

The belly of the 9mm bolt is shallower than a 5.56 bolt.  A piece of tool steel needs to be silver soldered to the hammer adding about 5-10,000 to it.  This will make it reliable.

15% silver solder.  My CMC and Hipefire 24C both work in my AR 9mm carbines without the added metal but will fail to reset 1 or 2 times per match.

8 minutes ago, corny said:

The belly of the 9mm bolt is shallower than a 5.56 bolt.  A piece of tool steel needs to be silver soldered to the hammer adding about 5-10,000 to it.  This will make it reliable.

15% silver solder.  My CMC and Hipefire 24C both work in my AR 9mm carbines without the added metal but will fail to reset 1 or 2 times per match.

this

Hello: I also think there is other issues here as well. Not all upper receivers are made to the same dimensions. I have checked out 6 so far and the bore to the matting surface is different on some of them and is slightly higher up which would compound the reset problem. This could be also true for the lower receivers as well. Thanks, Eric

3 hours ago, Alvin said:

I'm running a jp trigger but added a .040 bump (tight welded)on the underneath portion of the bolt to make it 100%. Put a hipper fire 24c in my last build and never had any trouble with it

Yup