Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MSA Sordin pro X

Swanny10

So I really want to upgrade my ear pro to the sordin pro x.  But I also really want the best deal possible. Anybody seen an especially good deal lately? I've been hunting but haven't seen any deals out of the ordinary. Does one of the BE vendors who offer a forum discount sell them? I can never figure out which vendors do. (On a side note, is there a list of forum vendor discount codes anywhere?)

They are pricey, but I would agree the gel cups are necessary. I bought mine on Amazon and watched for an Amazon Warehouse Deal. They were returns where the packaging was "damaged" (opened then returned). There are a few available now, I saved $50 over new. The one marked "used" that show signs of wear, are available but I didn't want to risk it.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, inspector1999 said:

They are pricey, but I would agree the gel cups are necessary. I bought mine on Amazon and watched for an Amazon Warehouse Deal. They were returns where the packaging was "damaged" (opened then returned). There are a few available now, I saved $50 over new. The one marked "used" that show signs of wear, are available but I didn't want to risk it.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I've never had the guts to do an amazon deal. Especially on electronics. 

Well unless you buy from an Authorozed Dealer the 5 year warranty is useless because they won't honor it, I got mine from Triad Tactical, while I hadn't needed the warranty, if I do Steve(Triad Tactical) will take care of me/it. 

It doesn't even look like there are many authorized dealers or distributors.  Quick search on the internet shows that Steve from Triad Tactical will warranty and repair it here for you instead which is pretty cool.

Gel cups are definitely a must.  I love mine and it's so comfortable compared to my old Impact Sport.

I got mine from DSG Arms.  They have the green camo with gel cups on sale for $224 plus $5 shipping.  You will need to register and login to see the price.

Edited by vtecpaoche

• 3 months later...

I bought them and returned them.  The gel cups were definitely the most comfortable thing ever, but the sound coming out of the electronics was really weird.    For me, definitely not worth 6x the electronic muffs they replaced.

I went through several different brands of electronic muffs before I bought the Sordin Pro X (in April 2008),  They did go back for warranty work once when a battery connection came loose.  Fast return after repairs.  

While in the shop, they noticed I did not have the gel cups.  They mentioned it when they called to let me know they were ready for shipping.  Since they were already in their shop I had the gel cups installed.  They were nice without the cups but great with them.

After all these years they are still going strong and are the best electronic ear muffs available.

Bill

Agreed. Super comfy. I forgot my foam earplugs one day so I had to use my cheap 3M X4 earmuffs... soooo uncomfortable.

I wish the Sordins had higher dB reduction as I don't feel I can wear them indoors without earplugs, but still super comfy. Not to mention the electronics are superb.