Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limited Belt Setup

hlpressley

Looking to step into Limited for the 2017 season so I am shopping for mag pouches.  I think I am going to stick with a traditional Bladetech holster to start as that is what I am used to with Production.  One less thing that I have to learn right away.  What do you run for mag pouches?  I have been looking hard at the DAA pouches.  Are the aluminum Race Masters worth the additional cost over the polymer Racers?  Is there a different brand that you would recommend?  I am thinking two standard pouches and one with a magnet for table pickups?  Any thoughts or advice that you would be willing to share will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.  

I went with the race master pouches but I hear nothing but good things about the racer polymer ones as well.  The magnet is a definite purchase to run on the belt.  For limited I ran it as my front center alignment spot and made table pick ups lightning quick. 

I am using 3x CR Speed Versa Mag Pouches. I could be using two if I put my starting magazine in my pocket. The front mag pouch is my reload magazine, middle is my barney mag/ backup mag in case I run into a magazine issue with one of the others, and the last one is my starting magazine. I started shooting in the beginning of this year and I have ran into one instance where I needed the backup magazine. I plan on adding a magnet at some point even though I haven't ran into a table magazine pickup yet. 

I see a lot of people using the the aluminum and polymer racer mag pouches though.

I currently have 3 CR Speeds on my Limited belt.. I'll be switching to Ghost bullets out pouches for next year.. I run bullets out on my production and SS rigs.. Everytime I go to Limited and have to do a reload it seems like I fumble it.. Maybe a mental block but since Limited is a second division I do most of my practice with the production rig.

On 12/20/2016 at 7:43 PM, Dr Mitch said:
Safariland 771 or 773 

I agree with Dr Mitch. Recently switched from CR Speed to Safariland 771 and they're fantastic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by HDGoose

15 hours ago, HDGoose said:

I agree with Dr Mitch. Recently switched from CR Speed to Safariland 773 and they're fantastic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

if you dont mind me asking why are they better than the cr speed? I run racers but am curious. I had 771 for singlestack and absolutely hated them.

5 hours ago, Shmella said:

if you dont mind me asking why are they better than the cr speed? I run racers but am curious. I had 771 for singlestack and absolutely hated them.

With the CR Speed pouch I had  to pull the mag up and out because the pouch isn't flexible at all and wraps around four sides of the mag. The front of the 771 (773 in my original post was wrong - now edited to 771) is open and the pouch is flexible so if I move my hand aggressively and hit the mag hard the mag kind of acts like a wedge and further opens the front of the pouch, and pops the mag out. Essentially changes the mag grab from three motions (hand to mag, pull mag up, mag to gun) to two motions by eliminating the motion of pulling the mag up and out of the pouch.

Edited by HDGoose

I looked at buying the Double Alpha Race Master pouches, but I talked to someone locally and he said he never has had issues with the polymer ones. When the time came to buy them I went with the Double Alpha Racers. I have no regrets with the decision.

I wouldn't pass on getting a race style holster now if you are looking into getting one in the future. I made the switch from a bladetech to a Double Alpha Alpha-X. The change was great.

Double alpha setup is the way to go. Racemaster holster with magnetic block with racemaster pouches. Also the new premium belt is great. It's the comp and pro belt all in one. I've tried several brands but the daa is by far the best shooting rig out there. Just my opinion. 

• 2 weeks later...

Love the Racemaster.   Holds mags securely, can go bullets out, plenty of adjust-ability for tension and cant angle.  Held my bullets out position better than my Guga Ribas pouches.  

Can't speak to the Racers for bullets out orientation but the shooters in our MN area clubs mostly run bullets forward and love them.