Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Wanting to switch buyers for coated cast. Any deals?

taymag

Mainly looking for a good deal or coupon, but also what seems to be the most popular

I heard Missouri bullet company is having some sizing differences with the new owner and I planned on going with them, anyone confirm or deny this?

Edited by taymag

Can't speak to MBC but several companies have some sort of discount code available. 

Acme has Enos10 for 10% off

The Blue Bullets has Stoeger for 5% off

Everglades Ammo is running a sale & free shipping offer in December

Many companies offer 10% off if you order 10k or more.

I've run Bayou, Black Bullets, and SNS. So far they've all been good, I just have a habit of buying a case of something, shooting them, and then buying something else.

Edited by SCTaylor

2 hours ago, Bullets said:

Not sure about them but I know if you order blue bullets you can can free shipping (freeship is the code) if order is over $150. That makes blue bullets cheaper then Missouri. Which brand do you use now?

I bought 2000 Lucky13 147gr and had 2000 Palmetto 125sgr that I just finished off. Just starting out in USPSA I found the 147 to have a better feel but Lucky13 is never in stock, plus they are a little inconsistent, which is fine for me but I would like to switch to someone proven to be quality

5 minutes ago, SCTaylor said:

Can't speak to MBC but several companies have some sort of discount code available. 

Acme has Enos10 for 10% off

The Blue Bullets has Stoeger for 5% off

Everglades Ammo is running a sale & free shipping offer in December

Many companies offer 10% off if you order 10k or more.

Someone sent me over from another forum for that Acme code. Might just have to give them a try

I ordered SNS and Acme.. I guess ill decide after that. Hopefully by the time these 2000rds are gone I won't be so nervous in USPSA and improving accuracy will actually matter lol right now I'm not sure the best match ammo would help me :D:D:D

8 hours ago, taymag said:

I bought 2000 Lucky13 147gr and had 2000 Palmetto 125sgr that I just finished off. Just starting out in USPSA I found the 147 to have a better feel but Lucky13 is never in stock, plus they are a little inconsistent, which is fine for me but I would like to switch to someone proven to be quality

Blue bullets are very proven

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, 9x45 said:

I run the Bayous, and a local brand, Black and Blue (not online). Have tried SNS, Blue, and Red Lline. Think the Bayous are the best.

The only reason I went with Acme instead of Bayous is cause I have a ton of green 124s and wanted a different color for 147s. Seems like Bayous are the most popular on the web though. Didn't find any negative reviews on anyone really other than one of the smaller name companies apparently switched owners are were getting inconstant weights, but my last 2000 I bought from someone local were no where near perfect and still shot pretty good so I assume anything is good B)

I shoot MBC exclusively, I saw your post and measured 20 or so of the .356 coated 147s that I bought about a month ago, and every one of them came in at .3565 or dead on .3560

That being said, I've been buying MBC bullets before they started coating them, and the very first few batches I bought did have some size inconsistency, but it wasn't enough of a variation that it made any difference. I think they were just getting their manufacturing process squared away when they literally just starting offering the coating.

Always been happy with MBC due to the crazy variety of bullets shapes and weights for a million different calibers.

All the other standards like Acme, Bayou are great too though.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Acme tends to be a bit cheaper and comes with Acme swag. The wooden boxes are a nice touch and the target packs they included for holiday orders were pretty nice.

The only issue I have ever had was a batch of 145s where the coating was a touch inconsistent. Some of the bullets had thin spots and several had bubbles or pockets of coating on the base. The bullets shot fine and every other batch I have purchased has been extremely consistent.

I use SNS bullets . All across the board top quality great customer service.  If you have a problem with there bullets give them a call and they will find a suitable . I have been a long time customer never had any problems.  SNS is a great supporter of the sport .

Laszlo

• 5 months later...