Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rule 6.4.4 Barred from participating in a USPSA match

NewLimitedShooter

15 hours ago, Rangerdug said:

I think you're mind is made up. I wouldn't worry about the ESPN scenario, tapping isn't that exciting to warrant a live broadcast.
I am guessing you were one of the offended. I would also assume that this wasn't the first stage... and his frustration had been building to the point he popped.
If you were one of those people he targeted, I would reflect on yourself first, instead of looking for rules to justify embarrassment.
I guarantee that his statement obviously offended some, but I guarantee that people started taping.
If that was the case, good on him!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was said to a few shooters that were directed NOT to tape by the ROs as the scoring device was temporarily inoperable.

This person was not acting as an RO and regularly does this type of thing.  Many new shooters have left the range and refuse to come back due to it.

Edited by NewLimitedShooter

1 minute ago, NewLimitedShooter said:

Actually, it wasn't me, I always work. 
It was said to a few shooters that were directed NOT to tape by the ROs as the scoring device was temporarily inoperable.

This person was not acting as an RO and regularly does this type of thing.  Many new shooters have left the range and refuse to come back due to it.

Then the MD needs to deal with it.  

4 hours ago, Prov1x said:

Depends, what was the shooter doing when he told the rest of you to go tape?

If he wasn't the next shooter, the score keeper or r.o. then I'd tell him that I was waiting on him to lead the way or go f'himself. If he was the next shooter and people were walking the stage in front of him, then it was justified.

So what was he doing? 

The person with the temper was not the next shooter. 

A competitor that was not scoring or running the clock told shooters:

"You F..ing  A**holes that are walking the stage, instead of walking the stage Go F...  tape some targets"

Would this be viewed as disruptive and should this person get a procedural for Unsportsmanlike conduct?

ADDED 12/20/16 9:45AM  - Additional Information:

This person was not acting as an RO and regularly does this type of thing. 

Many new shooters have left the range and refuse to come back due to it.

There have been numerous complaints about this person regarding the same issue.

The correct response to this rude man is to say "hey, dumbazz, the RO said to NOT tape yet. Now shut your dirty whore mouth before I show you what that hole is really for!"

I have found that to always elicit a positive response. Most people appreciate when their bad behavior is pointed out publicly. ;)

1 hour ago, motosapiens said:

The correct response to this rude man is to say "hey, dumbazz, the RO said to NOT tape yet. Now shut your dirty whore mouth before I show you what that hole is really for!"

I have found that to always elicit a positive response. Most people appreciate when their bad behavior is pointed out publicly. ;)

Offensive Material
Please do not post offensive material. If you wouldn't want your 10 year-old to read it, please don't post it. This also applies to links in posts. If what's in a link (text or video) would not be appropriate if it was typed in a post, it is not acceptable. If in doubt about your post's content, please PM a Moderator before posting.

Pictures
Pictures are not different from posts. If it's even borderline offensive, or could be construed to be offensive, please do not post it or use it as an Avatar.
• Please do not post images of any sort in your signature.
• Please do not post "dead-animal pictures."

Offensive Material
Please do not post offensive material. If you wouldn't want your 10 year-old to read it, please don't post it. This also applies to links in posts. If what's in a link (text or video) would not be appropriate if it was typed in a post, it is not acceptable. If in doubt about your post's content, please PM a Moderator before posting.

Pictures
Pictures are not different from posts. If it's even borderline offensive, or could be construed to be offensive, please do not post it or use it as an Avatar.

Completely subjective. What some people let their 10 year-olds watch, hear, and do would make the suggestion that elicited this response look like a kindergarten lesson.

"You F..ing  A**holes that are walking the stage, instead of walking the stage Go F...  tape some targets"

Would this be viewed as disruptive and should this person get a procedural for Unsportsmanlike conduct?

I'm sorry, but as a skeptic this doesn't pass the sniff test.
I can't say I have ever seen an RO direct people not to tape, quite the opposite.
Or see lots of shooters just walk away from a match.
I feel there is still missing and unbiased facts. For example, again what stage was this?
Now, if this dude does have Tourette's or is a bully and doesn't play nice, I am amazed nobody has said anything to him. For example the very thorough RO, or as mentioned MD.

46 minutes ago, GrumpyOne said:

Offensive Material

Pictures

lol, fair enough. it was supposed to be a joke, and it doesn't offend me, and everyone (even the sissy-safe-space-liberals) laughs at similar stuff when it is said during a match, but I guess you are the grumpy one for a reason. I'll behave.

7 minutes ago, Rangerdug said:

I can't say I have ever seen an RO direct people not to tape, quite the opposite.

As an RO and CRO I have directed people not to tape more than once. If we have a problem with the scoring equipment or a scoring dispute, or if it looks like people are getting ahead of the scoring RO. It looks like OP mentioned they were having a problem with the scoring device.

2 hours ago, Rangerdug said:

Or see lots of shooters just walk away from a match.
I feel there is still missing and unbiased facts. For example, again what stage was this?
Now, if this dude does have Tourette's or is a bully and doesn't play nice, I am amazed nobody has said anything to him. For example the very thorough RO, or as mentioned MD.

You are correct, there is additional info, however I can't post it.

The people on the stage were directed by the RO not to tape until the stage could be scored.

Edited by NewLimitedShooter

6 hours ago, SCTaylor said:

You completely changed the tone and context of the shooters comment with the added info. It will be much more helpful to lead off with that next time.

fact. i feel like i've heard two very different stories now.

1 hour ago, rowdyb said:

fact. i feel like i've heard two very different stories now.

might be 3 stories as it appears there is more info not divulged.  maybe the foulmouth didn't hear the RO tell tapers to stand down temporarily?  if the guy is a total curmudgeon i guess discuss with the MD.

last match i shot, half of the squad ahead of us weren't pasting, just yacking at the loading table.  i felt like raising a stink but instead just helped paste and reset for them to move things along.  i hate sitting around.

As an MD and RO I've learned the only way to eliminate this before it becomes an explosive topic is to include a "everyone should have pasters with them at all times and help reset" in the pre-match briefing.  Since I'm scoring the last target I keep pasters to cover it up as an example.  Before I go over the WSB I make sure everyone has their strip of pasters.  If someone is sitting back and not pasting I will assign them a bank of targets like this "John I need you to paste those 4 targets as soon as I score them please."

I haven't met anyone yet with the balls to look me in the face, take the offered pasters and then ignore my request for help.  I tend to get a lot of newbies on my squad and in spite of that we're almost always the first squad done.

It doesn't take ordering or screaming and cursing.  Just a direct polite request with no escape path.

If a guy has a habit of cursing and running off new shooters then the RO or MD should have handled it long ago.

Edited by Lomshek

Although I have wanted to say the same thing, this is a family oriented sport. I want mom and the kids shooting with dad. I would give the offenders one warning then if I heard any more locker room language I'd send the offender home on unsportsmanlike conduct. But at the same time I'd make an announcement that this is a sport that depends on the whole squad pitching in. Otherwise, the cost of shooting will go up so we can pay people to paste for us.

Just remembering from our last match that I had to yell at  my squad to help out. It was something like "Hey guys, we need more tapers down here". Innocuous enough to not be a jerk but loud enough that everyone heard it over their ear pro.

This thread is kind worthless though. General context on how to get folks to paste/rest, yeah, but to the OP's request es mierda. 

You are correct, there is additional info, however I can't post it.

The people on the stage were directed by the RO not to tape until the stage could be scored.

Got it, we won't get all of the information.

This is a wonderful opportunity for us all to twist the story to fit our own prejudices and experiences so that we look righteous while accomplishing nothing. Continue!

On ‎12‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 6:04 PM, NewLimitedShooter said:

Some of what the OP added later does not seem to be getting noticed.  He said this to shooters directed NOT to tape etc.  New shooters don't want to come back and there have been numerous complaints.  I'm totally down with letting people know when they're slacking, but this guy seems to be at least a little over the top and there ought to be some boundaries here.  I don't need that kind of foul-mouthed jerk turning the atmosphere sour for everybody. A word from the ROs, or the CRO or the RM or the MD (somebody) is reasonable.  I don't think the rules justify a procedural.

Edited by cody6477

• 1 month later...

Minor point ... There is no such thing as a procedural for Unsportsmanlike conduct.  The penalty is a DQ.  (10.6.1)  I've seen it enforced, once or twice in 20+ years ... so it's kind of rare and reserved for something REALLY egregious.

As to 6.4.4, being tossed from the sport in total:  Yeah, it has been done.  Think of it as a 10.6.1 DQ for USC on steroids!  It requires reporting to HQ USPSA and can (and on occasion HAS) resulted in the shooter being expelled from USPSA.