Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My New Open Gun...Black Mamba.

JoeC

I decided back in the summer to seriously get into building an open gun. I've built a couple of prototypes for guys who are shooting them very good now. This is the first one I've built just the way I wanted to build it.

A buddy of mine suggested the name Black Mamba and it kind of stuck.

The gun is in 9mm Major. It features a custom designed comp that is super flat shooting. It is equipped with a Leupold DeltaPoint dot, Everglades Ammo solid aluminum trigger, ICE big hands magwell, Kart 9mm NM barrel, CCP ignition parts, caspian slide and STI frame. It also features the new CCP grip safety. The finish is blasted and polished carbon steel that I blued here at my own shop.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with how it came out. It shoots like a dream, is super fast and flatter than any of the other comp designs I've tried. I put a couple of videos up on IG of me and a friend of mine shooting it during the build phase. It's pretty impressive.

Hope you all like looking at the pics.

img%5Dimg%5Dimg%5Dimg%5Dimg%5Dimg%5D

Edited by JoeC

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/3/2017 at 0:21 PM, kimberacp said:

did not know EGlades was making a aluminum trigger?   What size dot???

I don't know how many he has left but he had some when I got this one....

Dot size is 2.5moa.

3 minutes ago, orangeman711 said:

Looks really cool. Appears as though you put alot of thought into it.

Thank you sir. I did put a bit of thought into it. Perhaps too much some would say. LOL! But alas, I'm looking forward to building more with the good input I have gotten from members of this forum.