Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

G34/G35 vs XDm vs M&Pro

akeefer

On 1/23/2017 at 10:57 PM, DreGarciaTAT2 said:

Glock Prazision... look them up on instagram. Also, the strengthening is a result of the pattern used... and opposed to random roughing up of the frame... I'll post an example

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, so... Got any proof of that?

I, and I'm sure, many others are calling bullshit on this.

On 1/23/2017 at 10:57 PM, DreGarciaTAT2 said:

Glock Prazision... look them up on instagram. Also, the strengthening is a result of the pattern used... and opposed to random roughing up of the frame... I'll post an example

On ‎4‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 9:57 PM, emm66 said:

Oh come on, if some genius spells his business name as "Prazision", you know he has a mechanical engineering background.  Probably has lots of computer simulations showing the improved material strength from his homemade crap.

Oh come on, if some genius spells his business name as "Prazision", you know he has a mechanical engineering background.  Probably has lots of computer simulations showing the improved material strength from his homemade crap.

'Präzision' is German for precision... you know,, the language they speak in Austria... where Gaston Glock is from.

19 hours ago, DreGarciaTAT2 said:

After 10 seconds on google:

There are hundreds of articles, just read up a bit.

http://www.ctgclean.com/tech-blog/the-strength-and-mystery-of-triangles

That article has to do with triangles used in architecture.  I'm still not seeing evidence that carving triangle shapes into a polymer frame increases its structural strength from before it was stippled.  Can you provide details on the testing you performed that measured the increase in structural strength of a frame? 

I'm not an engineer, but I don't think putting triangles on all objects suddenly makes them stronger.  If I carve little triangles onto a baseball bat does that make it less likely to crack?  You also mentioned diamond shaped stippling on the previous page, but the article you linked would indicate that diamonds are less strong than triangles...

I can understand the triangles and the downward pressure, from a structure (a building or a wall) and how that helps strengthen the walls.  But what I don't get is how having triangles stippled into your grip helps strengthen your frame.  You're not exerting downward pressure.  You're using lateral pressure to keep the gun in your grip. 

Again, I call bullshit.

I do know that skeletonizing any material in a proper manner increases strength while cutting weight.

That's a pretty bold claim.

Please cite your sources so we can verify.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk