Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Adding polymer to my Glock - Had a boo boo

Norone

Merry Christmas Ya'll....

So I took too much (just a sliver but it was enough) out behind my Gen 4 mag release. Tried JB and after a month it popped right off.

What is the 'magic' for adding polymer?

I mean, how does one use, maybe, the extra back straps and I dunno, 'meld them' to be malleable and adhere where needed?

Is accra-glass a viable option?

Please help this desperate poor soul!

Ugh.  Most of the fiberglass fills work best with a "pin" of some kind.  Either you drill holes around the patch for the glass to lock into, or you drill and place a cross-pin (usually steel).  You could conceivably rig up a spatula attachment for a soldering iron/wood burner tool, shaving up a baseplate(or the extra back strap), and doing a hot-patch.  Without seeing the spot, its hard to say.

If the spot is small, I'd be inclined to try the hot patch, make a decent glob over the spot, and file down with 200 grit wet/dry paper on a tongue depressor.

Interesting, keep us updated. I know Alma Cole was building up sig p320 grip modules with some sort of epoxy. Looked really good from his pictures on Facebook groups. Maybe look him up here or on Facebook

Daniel K

• 2 weeks later...

I have sacrificed a tapco mag I used for a vice block once when I went too far. I just cut it into strips and welded it into the polymer with the soldering iron like you would with a welder. 

On 1/11/2017 at 8:48 PM, wanttolearn said:

looks great...Alma, you're an artisan.....how did you go about fixing the defect?

I started out by doing some deep stippling to provide an area for the epoxy to hold to. Then I used some other Plexus MA 300 Black to fill the hole and trimmed it with a blade and then square files. This picture was before polishing with sandpaper. We will have to wait and see how well it holds up. 

uqqHli6.jpg