Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Second match in a row in which I didn't finish.

Csuengr

First one two weeks ago I got DQ'd. First time ever. It was a muzzle violation at a USPSA match, and it happened before I even gun my Pistol loaded. Start was with pistol empty, in a bucket on top of a barrel. Forgot to stop and lift pistol out. I just grabbed it as I whizzed by and the pistol ended up in my hand pointed slightly backwards.

Today was voluntary. I was backup RO'ing at a three gun match while the regular RO was gearing up. The reason for the backup was the squads were five people. Four squads so 20 people, which is good considering the temp at setup was -17. Anyway on one stage there were long range rifle targets. The shooter I was looking after was engaging them when I saw something weird. Didn't register the first time but on his next shot I saw a bright red light go down range and hit a target. Same for the next shot. He had tracers loaded and as this range has a strict no tracer policy so I yelled stop. I tell him he is shooting tracers and he immediately gets mad and gets is my face. Mind you his rifle still isn't cleared. To make things worse his dad gets in my face and starts shouting that they don't have tracers and dares me to go over to his truck and check their ammo. My life is shitty enough and I don't need this so I drop the clipboard and timer, go to my Jeep, toss my gear in the back and drive off, all while this dad is flipping me off and swearing at me. (I did stop at the club house and case all my guns) I could have handled it better, but I just didn't want to deal with it.

I agree you may have handled it better but I would have left as well if a match has shooters acting like that period. Heck, I would probably never go back!

DQ's happen to the best of us but thank god assholes with guns at matches are rare.

Certainly dad and son both need to be reported to the MD. 

I thought about that, but the dad happened to be good friends with the MD, so it was an argument I was going to loose. I have seen this before where a shooter gets a pass due to buddy status. Worst was one shooter who broke the 180 THREE times on one stage, but was allowed to continue. I should have had the shooter unload the magazine so the ammo could be inspected.

Edited by Csuengr

• 2 months later...
On 12/18/2016 at 7:54 PM, Csuengr said:

First one two weeks ago I got DQ'd. First time ever. It was a muzzle violation at a USPSA match, and it happened before I even gun my Pistol loaded. Start was with pistol empty, in a bucket on top of a barrel. Forgot to stop and lift pistol out. I just grabbed it as I whizzed by and the pistol ended up in my hand pointed slightly backwards.

Today was voluntary. I was backup RO'ing at a three gun match while the regular RO was gearing up. The reason for the backup was the squads were five people. Four squads so 20 people, which is good considering the temp at setup was -17. Anyway on one stage there were long range rifle targets. The shooter I was looking after was engaging them when I saw something weird. Didn't register the first time but on his next shot I saw a bright red light go down range and hit a target. Same for the next shot. He had tracers loaded and as this range has a strict no tracer policy so I yelled stop. I tell him he is shooting tracers and he immediately gets mad and gets is my face. Mind you his rifle still isn't cleared. To make things worse his dad gets in my face and starts shouting that they don't have tracers and dares me to go over to his truck and check their ammo. My life is shitty enough and I don't need this so I drop the clipboard and timer, go to my Jeep, toss my gear in the back and drive off, all while this dad is flipping me off and swearing at me. (I did stop at the club house and case all my guns) I could have handled it better, but I just didn't want to deal with it.

DQ the Shooter 5.3.5 and 10.6.1, DQ the dad, 10.6.2.