Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

So who has some time with the P225-A1?

BASE772

18 hours ago, JAFO said:

Sorry, I've only handled one at a counter.  No trigger time.  Feels pretty good in the hand.

I haven't got to hold the new one but I have the P6. Being a 1911 shooter most of my life I thought it felt spectacular. Perfect carry gun for my taste. 

Looking at the baseplate I think SIG could have got one more round in those mags though.  

I'd like to see one in .357 Sig. ?

On 12/23/2016 at 8:18 AM, BASE772 said:

I haven't got to hold the new one but I have the P6. Being a 1911 shooter most of my life I thought it felt spectacular. Perfect carry gun for my taste. 

Looking at the baseplate I think SIG could have got one more round in those mags though.  

Hell, they probably could've gotten one or two extra in the original 225s :P

Slightly off-topic, but I'm currently redoing an OG P6. Gonna see what I can do about adding an extra round.

22 hours ago, swordfish said:

Those Factory P6 mags are hard to find. One of the reasons I didn't buy one, 

The other was the trigger guard. I like the bigger guard on the new one because of my trigger finger placement. 

I own a P225 that is a great shooter. I have held the P225A1 at the NRA show in Louisville. They are very similar. If Sig makes 10 round mags for it I would purchase one. I have big hands and bought base plates for the mags that did not inter fear with my grip. Also put a stainless steel guide rod in it.

Jay

• 2 months later...

I've had one for the last six months. I liked it so much I sent it to The Sig Armorer for a Carry Action Job. It is amazing. The DA pull is smooth and effortless. It's very accurate straight out of the box. The only issue I have is a Sig engineering one. The stock baseplate is very tall and limits the magazine capacity. A new baseplate could allow at least one more round in the magazine. It is one of the best gun purchases I have ever made. It's definitely in my "NEVER SELL" list.

• 1 month later...
On 12/23/2016 at 8:18 AM, BASE772 said:

I am a little late to the party on this.  My daily carry is a German P6.  A buddy at Sig did Short reset, polished feed ramp and G10 grips a few years ago.  I recently added the short trigger .

Sights are Trijicon HD night sights which I like.  For mags, I have about 10 so I should be set for a while.  I bought P225 springs from Wolf and they all function great.

The P6 had a noted flaw that it would not feed all ammo.  The ramp polish job solved the problem and it feeds anything I put in it.

Eventually I plan to sent the frame to ROBAR for NP3+ treatment and the slide to them for Roguard.  I like the 2 tone look. 

Another problem with the P6 is parts are getting more difficult to find according to Sig and the P225 parts are not interchangeable. 

I am a big fan of 357SIG but not in this gun.  Capacity would suffer and even though I have owned and shot a 239 in 357SIG, I don't think this is the right frame for it.

• 2 months later...

I was able to purchase a P225A-1 last fall, CPO. Came with threaded barrel and tall suppressor sights. Works great with my Osprey suppressor. It fits my hand unbelievably well. It does feel like an M11A-1 or P229 but a little thinner, of course because of the single stack. Comes with the SRT as well.  I really like this one. Never will sell it. Everything just fits and feels right. I probably have 500 rounds through it by now.