Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ruger revolver rumor

Bosshoss

Hmmm, I'm thinking my post was misunderstood. I in no way advocate competition guns for self-defense. What I was trying to say was that by offering a gun that could be used as a self/home defense platform (in stock form) with features that would also make it desirable as a base for a competition piece (with the shooters preferred modifications), Ruger could have appealed to a broader market than just one or the other.

• 2 weeks later...

Ruger could not care less about the competition market.  

By chance I sat with a Ruger big wig a couple years ago, his position...Ruger's take on all competitive shooting formats is that its not even a "rounding error" for them in terms of volume(being the largest by far) and its pointless for them.   

1 hour ago, seanc said:

Ruger could not care less about the competition market.  

By chance I sat with a Ruger big wig a couple years ago, his position...Ruger's take on all competitive shooting formats is that its not even a "rounding error" for them in terms of volume(being the largest by far) and its pointless for them.   

Not exactly...http://www.ruger.com/products/gp100MatchChampion/models.html

I'm glad you brought that up. I actually had a hand in the design of the Match Champion. It was geared for IDPA to recreate the basic "feel" of the S&W M-66.

BTW... it's a shame to see that Matt has cancelled the monthly Steel Challenge matches at GTR. They were fun.

Edited to ask....Where the heck did those line through the copy come from?

Edited by GOF

17 minutes ago, GOF said:

I'm glad you brought that up. I actually had a hand in the design of the Match Champion. It was geared for IDPA to recreate the basic "feel" of the S&W M-66.

BTW... it's a shame to see that Matt has cancelled the monthly Steel Challenge matches at GTR. They were fun.

Edited to ask....Where the heck did those line through the copy come from?

LOL, you redacted yourself.

In the video on that site he even says "This makes a great gun for IDPA."

I wasn't aware that I made any videos for Ruger. In fact, I'm certain I didn't. The "he" you refer to certainly isn't me. But, the gun is ideal for IDPA. It's a shame they didn't bring it out in a 5.5-inch barrel for ICORE Classic division.

• 4 weeks later...

Bash on Ruger like S&W has guns that are competitive ready. I just bought a 929PC gun and it is no better then the last 610 i bought 9yrs ago. It still needs a full action job done.  A PC gun = more money and no more than you get from a standard gun.