Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New CCP rules question

1911vm

1.  Classification.  Draft rules say:

9.5.1 The classification (e.g. MA, EX, SS) attained by shooting the Classifier in any semi-automatic pistol division shall be applied to all other semi-automatic pistol divisions.

9.5.2 Examples: SSP classifier score attaining Expert, also applied to CCP, ESP; and CDP as Expert.

2.  Moving target gun specifications.  I feel your pain.  Early days I went nuts on SSR and had at one time four 5" barrels. And just lucky that 5" did not fall at a vent rib post on my Python.  Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. 

20 minutes ago, Jim Watson said:

9.5.1 The classification (e.g. MA, EX, SS) attained by shooting the Classifier in any semi-automatic pistol division shall be applied to all other semi-automatic pistol divisions.

9.5.2 Examples: SSP classifier score attaining Expert, also applied to CCP, ESP; and CDP as Expert.

I'm assuming you still have to make the score for division?  

Example: you shoot new classifier and score 95.5. 

You make expert for SSP But not ESP. 

ESP Expert score is 95 - 72.01. So you'd miss making EX by .5 pt. 

I dont see how you could make EX for CDP shooting SSP/ESP since its a different pf. 

I guess they just want to make it easier to get classified?

not easier to get classified, but easier to shoot multiple divisions. i see it as a good thing.

match bump follows equity promotion. shooting the classifier applied to all. totally fine with that and will be shooting it again on the record to make MA across all the divisions and then never have to shoot it again.

7 hours ago, Jim Watson said:

Yesssss.....

BUT contradicted by 9.7.2 (equity) which says if you shoot SS in a classifier, for example, then any other classifications lower than SS will be promoted to X-1 (i.e., to MM).  So not applying that classification evenly to all other divisions.

And yes, the wording of 9.5.1 is interesting. 

Shoot a classifier with a Glock 23 for a score of 148. 

If you said you were shooting CCP, you'd be SS in all autoloader division.  If you said you were shooting it in SSP, you'd be MM in all divisions.

A few bits of the draft as released I do find a bit challenging to wrap my mind around......

-------------

edited to add....  so the final rulebook is out, and now equity only applies to match bumps, not to the classifier.

As for my Glock 23 example... they've removed the classifier details from the new rulebook, which says those are now on idpa.com.  Has anybody located them yet?

Edited by Jane
updated

From Rulebook 01/01/2017 If I read 9.3 of correctly the following could occur. Shooter holds following classifications SSP-EX, ESP-EX, CCP-SS, CDP-SS.  Competitor shoots the Classifier with a CDP gun and makes SS; result is no change.  Same no change if shoots with CCP and makes SS.  However if shoots a Classifier with a SSP or ESP AND makes EX then ALL FOUR go to EX. 

• 4 weeks later...

I just downloaded the "new" rules.

The way I read it, for CCP, the box should be 5 3/8" high. My "mid-sized" M&P .45, and Kimber Pro-Carry 2, both measure 5.25 high

I am HOPING I read it correctly, and can continue using what I have. The M&P, in .45, loaded to 140pf is MUCH more comfortable to shoot than the Kimber 9mm, or my M&P, compact 9mm loaded to 130pf.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/12/2017 at 7:12 AM, wgj3 said:

Does the Springfield EMP4 fit into the CCP box/allowed size parameters?

They pretty much eliminated MOST ALL Commander size 1911s from CCP With the new 5 3/8" height restriction.

You MIGHT be able to get it to fit if you shaved the mag base plates off flush.  The EMP 4 lists a 5 1/2" height, so it's 1/8" too tall with the magazine.

My Wilson Combat Lightweight Professional 9mm (which I bought in September 2015), along with the Wilson Combat ULC Carry Professional (touted as the perfect CCP gun in 2015/2016) are both now illegal for CCP with the standard magwell and magazines/floorplates because they are too tall.  If you remove the magwell and use flat mag floor plates they might fit.

1 hour ago, extremist said:

They pretty much eliminated MOST ALL Commander size 1911s from CCP With the new 5 3/8" height restriction.

You MIGHT be able to get it to fit if you shaved the mag base plates off flush.  The EMP 4 lists a 5 1/2" height, so it's 1/8" too tall with the magazine.

My Wilson Combat Lightweight Professional 9mm (which I bought in September 2015), along with the Wilson Combat ULC Carry Professional (touted as the perfect CCP gun in 2015/2016) are both now illegal for CCP with the standard magwell and magazines/floorplates because they are too tall.  If you remove the magwell and use flat mag floor plates they might fit.

The EMP isn't likely to fit but this one should http://www.springfield-armory.com/products/1911-range-officer-compact-9mm/

Edited by jhgtyre
edited to post link to correct model

1 hour ago, extremist said:

yep those bastads eliminated my 3" STI from bug and 4" Wilson from ccp.  NO MORE buying guns for IDPA, but i will still play with the others i have (glock 26 in bug and 19/23/32 in ccp).  not nearly as fun/nice to shoot though.

On 2/11/2017 at 6:39 AM, scottinohio said:

CZP10C    Anyone know if it will fit in CCP box??     Thanks Scotty

AM I missing something ?  but I  can't  find the hight of the gun . even on cz usa website . ?