Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Fast and Friendly Brass Shell plate worth it?

On 12/17/2016 at 10:44 PM, B_RAD said:

Would someone explain why it's worth it if automated?

i just got a 1050 pro for my 1050. 

Im also wondering this. How much does that help wobble? I have the bearing kit and the plastic ball detent instead of the steel ball and wobble hasnt been an issue cranking by hand. I have a little while before the LTE mark 7 comes in. anyone running an autodrive compare with or without the FFB? Is it a must have?

Edited by Shmella

It's thicker,heavier and has less flex than the stock Dillion. I bought the FFB after replacing the stock one twice due to warpage. I also pulled the bearing kit out after switching to the mark 7. For me the secret to getting a 1050 operating well is having the shell plate TIGHT. When I was loading manually I realized that I would adjust my pull rate dependend on how much powder I saw coming out during 9 major ops. I'm now able to load 9 major at 1800+- rph with a lot less spillage. The FBB plate was the single biggest reason why in my opinion. 

It's thicker,heavier and has less flex than the stock Dillion. I bought the FFB after replacing the stock one twice due to warpage. I also pulled the bearing kit out after switching to the mark 7. For me the secret to getting a 1050 operating well is having the shell plate TIGHT. When I was loading manually I realized that I would adjust my pull rate dependend on how much powder I saw coming out during 9 major ops. I'm now able to load 9 major at 1800+- rph with a lot less spillage. The FBB plate was the single biggest reason why in my opinion. 

Perfect. Thanks for the reply.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

I have them in all of my calibers.  1050 with a Mark 7.

They are super well made.  Much better steel and way less wobble.  I had to replace a OEM Dillon once before.  These only cost a little more and I can easily tell how much better they are.

I have them in all of my calibers.  1050 with a Mark 7.

They are super well made.  Much better steel and way less wobble.  I had to replace a OEM Dillon once before.  These only cost a little more and I can easily tell how much better they are.

[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk