Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Open Gun

Kingman

So last May I run into these guys from Atlas Custom at the Va/MD section match.  We talk for a few minutes and one of my customers recommends my holster to them for limited/3 gun use.  

Fast Forward to September we are at the Area 8 match and have our tables set up right across the walkway from each other.  So I spend some time talking to them and taking a look at the gun they have on the table.  I catch all the right things done to the gun.  Safety is blended right for the high grip we want, the beavertail is just right.  The barrel lock up is the way it is supposed to be, no play on the slide etc.  

Some things go certain ways and I am deciding they are going to build me a gun.  

September 30 they bill me for the deposit on the gun.  We work through the build list, talk to Adam and Gina about what I want, need etc.  Ive been shooting open for a lot of years, but really it was a conversation, not just a check list.  Then we talk about the fact that I have been using a Romeo 3 for most the season as I had so many problems with another dot.  Adam says to me that he thinks he can handle that.  So we talk some more, then one day I get an email from Tod, he asks about specifics for slide milling.  I tell him to have fun, and in a little while I get a CAD Cam drawing that I can manipulate in 360 of what the slide will look like exactly with the comp attached.  I can see all the cuts and whether they are through cuts or panel cuts.  

A little while goes on, and on monday 12/12 I get an email with the rest of my bill and Adam says its ready to leave them by tuesday.  So I send the rest of the money on its way and by Thursday sitting at my dealer is the most amazing piece of artwork I have seen.  Extra touches that I never considered such as the slide racker has double detents in it so it slides in and out securely, the mags that I emailed him last minute about were tuned to the gun, etc.  So I fill out the paperwork and it now sits in my dealer for 7 days.  

Now I know this post isn't fair without pictures.

17FBB8AC-8385-4A5C-A787-B60222E9D1C3_zps

D576D892-5DF1-4607-8E03-C157F6DB0CA0_zps

4133BAAA-661E-4B5B-BC39-C081C616C600_zps

7AA722EF-E619-4482-BAE7-B1BC851FF52D_zps

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice

(repeats to himself...you dont need an open gun...)

Same here... the wife was cool with me maaaybe getting something like a trubor, then a ck, and now I'm saving for an Atlas, haha...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, bigbob21 said:

Same here... the wife was cool with me maaaybe getting something like a trubor, then a ck, and now I'm saving for an Atlas, haha...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You know you want one. Once you shoot one you gotta have it. 

I have a twin on order. Just wanna change colors.