Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Brass Cleaning Media

5 minutes ago, Sarge said:

Let me dig around and find out. I'll let you know.

No worries Top, I had seen you had not been on the forum for about 20 hours or so and thought you might have taken on Santa duties early so I ordered the 14-20 grit from ZORO. It was only a few dollars more that the 20-40 grit and they were experiencing trouble with internet orders so I got an additional 15% off. I'm really anxious to see how it cleans.

Cheers!

3 hours ago, IGOTGLOCKED said:

No worries Top, I had seen you had not been on the forum for about 20 hours or so and thought you might have taken on Santa duties early so I ordered the 14-20 grit from ZORO. It was only a few dollars more that the 20-40 grit and they were experiencing trouble with internet orders so I got an additional 15% off. I'm really anxious to see how it cleans.

Cheers!

It's all pretty small and works well. It looks microscopic compared to the wally world corn cob.

Just as a test buy a pack of the Lyman green corncob. I've used walnut, corn, with and without dillon rapid polish, spirit etc. the Lyman has the least dust and does the best cleaning job and easily separates. It lasts a long time and is great at trapping the crud (it slowly turns black with trapped nasties). It's $$ but given I only change it once a year (tumbling 1000 cases a month) it's worth it. Seriously just try it once. $20 experiment. 

On 12/22/2016 at 6:07 PM, Sarge said:

It's all pretty small and works well. It looks microscopic compared to the wally world corn cob.

My bag of corn was ordered and delivered in 24 hours! It is the 14-20 grit and I already have cooked a batch of corn soup and the results are in. Corn produces a noticeably brighter finish! I have 40 lbs so I better get cleaning. Thanks for staying on me about the results you were getting with corn.

Cheers!