Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Taccom "Couplers"

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, robertg5322 said:

Got a 31 +17 set up. Holds 45 easy, I haven't felt the need to load more but there's a little wiggle room there. Seats pretty easy and functions fine. Long and heavy though.

And this is with ETS mags? 

36 minutes ago, robertg5322 said:

Those see-through plastic mags that come with some guns, not sure if it's ETS, I'll check when I get home.

Thanks. ETS mags' basepads are interchangeable with OEM Glock, so I don't see why they wouldn't work. 

21 hours ago, RigPig said:

Thanks. ETS mags' basepads are interchangeable with OEM Glock, so I don't see why they wouldn't work. 

It is an ETS, for the other mag I used an old, $8.00 Korean G17 mag. Feeds fingrips@gmail.com, holds at least 45 rounds and is pretty easy to load up to round 33, at which point a MagLula loader was used.

23 minutes ago, robertg5322 said:

It is an ETS, for the other mag I used an old, $8.00 Korean G17 mag. Feeds fingrips@gmail.com, holds at least 45 rounds and is pretty easy to load up to round 33, at which point a MagLula loader was used.

Great, thanks for checking. This opens up options

52 minutes ago, TRUBL said:

The coupler will not work with the 22round ETS.....it has a different angle at the bottom.

It will however work with the 17 and 31 round ETS mags

I saw a video that had the longer mag down and the shorter mag up. They had reversed the springs to keep the spring joint from passing over the mag joint.

Tim, have you seen these used in configurations with the short and long mags in both orientations, up and down? If so, have you experienced any issues with the spring joint passing the mag joint?

I've got your coupler and I'm trying to figure out how I want to assemble it. Sounds like my 22 round ETS is out.

41 minutes ago, reg3 said:

I saw a video that had the longer mag down and the shorter mag up. They had reversed the springs to keep the spring joint from passing over the mag joint.

Tim, have you seen these used in configurations with the short and long mags in both orientations, up and down? If so, have you experienced any issues with the spring joint passing the mag joint?

I've got your coupler and I'm trying to figure out how I want to assemble it. Sounds like my 22 round ETS is out.

I haven't had an issue with the spring joint passing the connector, though it was something I thought might be an issue.

I'm using an El Cheapo Korean mag for my short one and it dis not feed 100% when I used it in my Glocks, and does not drop free so I'm reluctant to use it as the feeding half of the unit.

3 hours ago, TRUBL said:

The coupler will not work with the 22round ETS.....it has a different angle at the bottom.

It will however work with the 17 and 31 round ETS mags

That stinks, but good to know. Thanks for the info.

I think my coupler is arriving today or tomorrow; trying to decide how to set it up. We do a lot of high round count stages here so it would be nice to get even more than the 48 rounds from a 17+31 round mags. But two 31rd mags would be pretty long. I wonder if one of the .40 22 round mags would work combined with a 31rd mag. It would have to be the bottom mag of course. I have one of those, might try it. 

I'm also curious about Reg's question on whether you've found it matters which mag, long or short, is on top and if they are more reliable one way.

Thanks

On 1/20/2017 at 4:32 PM, robertg5322 said:

That's a long magazine. 

At that point, why not just go with one of the drum mags? That's 50 rounds for $75.00. 

you can get the Korean ones for like $40.......I have one, it works. But have heard very mixed reviews on them. One thing I will say.....they're awfully heavy, but I don't notice it while shooting.

4 minutes ago, TRUBL said:

you can get the Korean ones for like $40.......I have one, it works. But have heard very mixed reviews on them. One thing I will say.....they're awfully heavy, but I don't notice it while shooting.

If I wasn't in California I'don't have a 50 round drum. We're about to lose any access to >10 round mags in July. Gonna suck until I escape.

39 minutes ago, 72stick said:

I bought the Taccom mag coupler and assembled it the night before our local club match. Never even tested it before taking it to the match. Ran perfectly! It holds 50 rounds no problem. It is awesome!

What mags are you coupling?

I took it apart this afternoon to check for burrs in the area where the floor plate goes through the coupler. I noticed a little mat'l  that might cause it to bind a little. I removed that and smoothed the area with some 1000 grit. When I put it back together it will easily hold 51 and take a 52nd round, but it's too tight to try inserting it into the gun with 52 in the mag.

• 3 months later...