Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Production Unloaded Start

TaterHead

3 hours ago, Gary Stevens said:

The DNROI Is always on the rules committee. I was on it for a period of time during my tenure. I believe Rick Steel is your AD, send him an e-mail and ask him. I'm sure he will provide the information. If Rick has been abducted by space aliens and is undergoing a vigorous probing, contact the President.

Good info.

It is not essential that everybody understands the reasoning and history behind rules, but I think it is interesting and can be educational. 

I'm not going to contact those guys though, just in case :) . 

Edited by IHAVEGAS

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

After shooting a stage, we all reload mags.  I always load my starting mag with 11.  The first thing we all do when we get to a stage is read the starting position.  If unloaded, I just reach over and take out the top round.

Every time.

I've never made the mistake and don't see that as a difficult rule to follow.  

13 hours ago, CHLChris said:

After shooting a stage, we all reload mags.  I always load my starting mag with 11.  The first thing we all do when we get to a stage is read the starting position.  If unloaded, I just reach over and take out the top round.

Every time.

I've never made the mistake and don't see that as a difficult rule to follow.  

I've sent/seen several of my friends sent to open for loading with an 11 round mag, out of habit on an unloaded gun start.

I load all my mags to ten -- use ten rounders for production as a matter of fact.  I've never made that mistake and also don't see it as a difficult rule to follow, though I take a different approach.

That's a good point, @Nik Habicht. Shooters could do it the other direction and always load 10 rounds, then adding a Barney round to mag one if it says "loaded" start.

Since I see a whole lot more loaded starts, that method isn't for me, but every shooter needs to be honest with their own strengths and weaknesses.

For me it's really simple -- what I do never changes -- so it's impossible for me to load 11 after the start signal, because I forgot to do something/grabbed the wrong mag, etc.  Not having an 11 round mag on me, helps on every stage, at a slight inconvenience during Make Ready.  That said -- my routine is typically one of the quickest.

The rule isn't just for production, It's for all divisions. Don't follow the rules in limited? Bump to open. Don't follow the rules in single stack?  bump to open. Makes its easy to enforce instead of having a different rule for each division. 

2 hours ago, Kraj said:

The rule isn't just for production, It's for all divisions. Don't follow the rules in limited? Bump to open. Don't follow the rules in single stack?  bump to open. Makes its easy to enforce instead of having a different rule for each division. 

Still say we should just do dq's for everything, can't get any easier than that. 

:devil: