Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooters Summit

ngodwetrust21

I came across this and thought I would share. I have already watched the Ben Stoeger interview and it was great. They have a bunch of top level guys that are interviewed and it is free right now. You just have to put in your email and some info and they will email you links to the videos each day.

http://shooterssummit.com/

I bought the pass so I could download the interviews and listen to them in my car.  I listened to Adam Painchaud yesterday and I'm listening to Ben Stoeger today (my ipod put them in alphabetical order).

Nothing against Adam or Arik, but I didn't get a lot from Adam's interview.

I'm listening to a few each day. I've listened to Stoeger, Anderson, and Seeklander. Plan on listening to Craig Douglas later, took a class from him a few years ago (ECQC) which was awesome but he kicked my butt HARD.

So far I've not picked up much new, it's the similar story lines if you listen to Stoeger or Anderson's podcasts.  Hearing from the LEO side of the world is interesting, especially when they almost unanimously say USPSA makes you a better shooter.

Edited by SCTaylor

I've listened to 18 of the 23 so far. Bought the all-access pass right away.

Bob Vogel, Yong Lee, Craig Douglas, Ernest Langdon, Frank Proctor... Kyle Lamb... all excellent. All but a few of the rest were very, very good, too.

(Not to name names, but I suspect at least one might have gotten a spot because it would put the Shooters Summit on the radar with a very very popular YouTube channel / podcast, and that one wasn't exactly riveting.)

Not one of the tactical guys bashed on competition. Most of the military Operator types had learned from high ranking competitors in the service, knew the skills you find there, and were very clear that you need to practice and the stress of competition is a great thing to push yourself. It just reminds me that "Timmy vs Gamer" is pretty much an internet keyboard commando phenomenon ... and guys who really, really shoot a lot know you need both sides to be well-rounded.

Spend $19.99 on it. Save the .mp3's so you can listen at your leisure (I did).

This is a project worth supporting.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

• 1 month later...

I have attended many shooters summit and listened to Stoeger, Anderson and Seeklander. Next time I plan to hear Craig Douglas. All these are best shooters in the world. I am also a good shooter in United States, own my shotgun choke tubes business.