Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bianchi 2017

Chris1911

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
One week from the Cup and not much news.. Worries me a little bit. Program hasnt been updated or anything and still makes reference to 2016.

At this point, they probably wont update much. They'll be on the ground making due with what they were given to work with.

I heard we may end up with a Barricade sponsor after all, which is good.

That comment was  meant to be tongue in cheek.  I actually thought I missed the list and asked for it so we could plan practice range trips etc for the team.

In the "Good Old Days"  We used to get our invites, entry forms and BATFE forms sent to us and arrived just at the start of the New Year, Throw in an entry and then get an e-mail asking if we had preference for shooting times and competition numbers. (Never got 1,good parking spot; or 69.don't go there). As we were sharing vehicles we asked for similar times to save a lot of hanging around. Then within the next few days we had all the info including numbers, squadding etc. That was BD (before Dennis) and then AT (after Tom) it just went to the pack. No planning, no forward thinking and just rushing from one disaster to another to try and put out the fires.

Y'all enjoy yourselves. I will be sitting back in front of a roaring fire relaxing and really missing you guys company. 

Don't forget to send me all the gossip.

PS. Had an e-mail from Tom a couple of days ago and he is doing well.

Edited by goldfieldshooter

18 hours ago, ffl said:

That comment was  meant to be tongue in cheek.  I actually thought I missed the list and asked for it so we could plan practice range trips etc for the team.

David do you have the full squadding you might be able to email?  Or just your shooters?  I am not even sure who to contact at NRA these days.

She just sent me my team.  she said the full squading list will be available at check in. As everything is in transit at this point.

dcs

9 hours ago, goldfieldshooter said:

In the "Good Old Days"  We used to get our invites, entry forms and BATFE forms sent to us and arrived just at the start of the New Year, Throw in an entry and then get an e-mail asking if we had preference for shooting times and competition numbers. (Never got 1,good parking spot; or 69.don't go there). As we were sharing vehicles we asked for similar times to save a lot of hanging around. Then within the next few days we had all the info including numbers, squadding etc. That was BD (before Dennis) and then AT (after Tom) it just went to the pack. No planning, no forward thinking and just rushing from one disaster to another to try and put out the fires.

Y'all enjoy yourselves. I will be sitting back in front of a roaring fire relaxing and really missing you guys company. 

Don't forget to send me all the gossip.

PS. Had an e-mail from Tom a couple of days ago and he is doing well.

Coatesy,

Enjoy your fire, I wish I was with you, maybe someday the Mrs & I will make it back to your beautiful Country.  You are so right, Damien never really cared about doing a good job, he did what he was forced to do & only when his back was against the wall.  Great guy, no motivation to succeed, the NRA promoted that work ethic anyway.  

Unfortunately this year, the sponsors will be lower than ever, the support from the NRA will be minimal & poor Beth Martin will be running the show by herself with everyone judging her for something that is NOT her fault.  She was restricted by DW from speaking with other employees about the Cup, she has nothing to do with sponsorship or soliciting media, she was handed the keys with little notice.  I will tell you that Beth will work tirelessly, she is a great organiser with an outstanding work ethic, that is why I hired her.  Beth surpassed Daien on every level is a few short months of working with us.  Leaving her in the snake pit was my only regret about leaving the NRA.

Next, you have a dedicated staff at the range that will ensure the rounds go down range safely.  Someone will win the Cup, and there will be several others that will win Divisions & Categories.  The Cup is running on pure reputation, its time is limited, from where I sit now, knowing what I know from 2007-2015, it will be a very difficult task to bring it back to where it was before DW.

I wish everyone got luck & good camaraderie, I miss my friends but not the backstabbing & undermining, that unfortunately still exists in Fairfax & Columbia.

Tom...