Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bianchi 2017

Chris1911

Considering that 2 years ago before Mr. Willing took over, there were 268 shooters, and last year after he took over, it dropped to 205.  This year, so far, there are only 180 signed up and entries that are received now have a much higher entry fee than before now ,so fewer will be signing up this late.  A police officer would call that a "clue"!

Midway's name is nowhere on the logo or name of the match this time around.  Not a major sponsor anymore and maybe not at all!

Alan~^~

Edited by Alan550
Forgot to capitalize the name and add Midway to the post

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 hours ago, DWFAN said:

What major sponsor?

Good evening all, I have stayed off of here for a variety of reasons.  Unfortunately the Championship that John Bianchi & Ray Chapman will not longer be the same.  Even if Dennis & Damien leave, they & the Action Pistol Committee have let it be destroyed.  MidwayUSA has bailed, they have NO Event Sponsors, all they have is the enthusiasm of the competitors & their money.  Under Dennis, Damien & the Committee Dwight Van Horn runs they have let sponsorship go, they changed the format, they no longer solicit prizes for bags or media coverage.  They took control of the Match Director position & watched as the Championship declined.  It will get worse, with a PRO NRA Republican President the NRA will start letting employees go, as they will not be making enough money to pay the large salaries of upper management & Board Members or they will be trying to get members to give more money under some false pretense, like they spent too much money on the 2016 Election.  I wish you all luck, it's a good thing if Dennis & Damien are removed, but it will be a sad outcome for ALL Pistol competition & the Bianchi Cup...

1 hour ago, DWFAN said:

For those of you not on the Facebook, it appears that Damien is also no longer with the NRA.

Both Dennis & Damien were asked to leave, they are not the only ones, the NRA will be cutting costs in every way, this will mean staffing that are sub-par, they don't like or feel they no longer need 1st.  Dennis has stated on the Bullseye List that he resigned, that like many other things he said is not accurate, call his office & see if you can talk to him, he wont be back...  http://www.bullseyeforum.net/t7263-resignation

Edited by FMRNRAPistolManager

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, DWFAN said:

Friends, beer, and at least 192 shots for record. That we can count on. :cheers:

And you can count, on me, waiting for you in the parking lot.

hqdefault_1.jpg

Edited by RippinSVT

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, kimmbeckwith said:

Zero will be there, and I got them to put back the cash awards for Junior back in.  Not seeing a lot of sponsors yet, Midway USA not being there will be a $50 grand hole.

Ouch.

I know asking the NRA to communicate all the changes is asking too much but damn... it's frustrating. They need to get out of the competition organization business and give Bianchi to a group that can effectively grow and run the sport. My friends who shoot high power are going through the same issues and are as equally frustrated. Am I missing something somewhere? 

The NRA is getting too greedy. That's why all the sponsors bailed. They wanted us to pay them $2500 cash + $1000 in merchandise just to get a table in the shed like we always have. We can't afford that so we will probably have to set up at the practice range instead.

Stephen

You hit the nail on the head when you say that the NRA should not be running shoots. They are a political organisation not a large shooting club with the shooters and the sports best interests at heart. I don't mind a few hiccups at shoots run by clubs as these are run very well, on the whole ,by the shooters themselves and any profits go back to the shooters via the club. BUT the NRA is a commercial entity, with paid staff, and they are running around like headless chickens with no thought for the majority of the shooters that make up the field. They have a very arrogant attitude (we know best)  when dealing with shooters, sponsors and the like. They run on the mushroom theory.

There!    That has probably put pay to my NRA referees warrant renewal this year but it needed saying and has been hinted at many times before.  

Sorry y'all. Won't be seeing you this year.

Coatesy

Edited by goldfieldshooter

Looks like Colt, Kimber, and Sig are on the roster as Gold level sponsors, and Zero is a sponsor as well.  No title sponsor as of yet, nor do I expect one 3 weeks out.

Guys, I promise if I ever hit the lottery I'll be the title sponsor.  "Kyle's Bianchi Cup Championship and Liquor Festival"