Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gas port size

dmshozer1

Is anyone running a Ballistic Arms "Hanson" 16" Premium mid length gas barrel for 3gun?

It comes with a non adj. gas block. Gas port size is .068. Small compared to most that are around .080 or so.

Being that small I wonder if I will see a difference by using a adj block with my hoser puff ball loads. Or if at that small

size will even run my hozer loads.

2 hours ago, Dan Sierpina said:

Dave, unless you are running real bunny fart hoser ammo, it should be good without an adjustable gas block. That's why the port is smaller.

Just made an adj gas block out of the non-adjustable one.

Get back to you after I get it together and test to see if it was worth the effort.

They are bunny farts Dan!

Have you shot it yet? .060 seems stupid small.......I had an Adam's Arms mid length barrel with a port that small and I could not get factory Fiocchi 55 grain loads to cycle the action. I opened it up to .084 and it works fine now.

3 hours ago, TRUBL said:

Have you shot it yet? .060 seems stupid small.......I had an Adam's Arms mid length barrel with a port that small and I could not get factory Fiocchi 55 grain loads to cycle the action. I opened it up to .084 and it works fine now.

Believe the port size is .068, if that matters.

5 hours ago, TRUBL said:

Have not put it together yet,

I will test it in the next few days.

On 12/11/2016 at 11:45 PM, dmshozer1 said:

Have not put it together yet,

I will test it in the next few days.

Put it together today with the adj. gas block.

Had a problem getting the upper to fit the lower. Between Dan and myself and a dremel, it now fits.

Locked back two turns out with my hoser loads. Very soft for a mid length gas, light weight barrel.

Have to wait for a better day weather wise to sight it in.

Happy!