Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Where to buy Metalform Colt SMG 9mm 20 round magazines?

Hello: Does anyone know where to buy some Metalform Colt smg 9mm 20 round magazines from that cost less than $30 each? I bought some ASC 20 round mags and they just don't fit my Hahn adapter block at all. The mags would need to serious tuning to work since they are too tight and the feed lips hit the bolt etc. Let me know about the Metalform 20 rounders. Thanks, Eric

Hello: I am going to stick with Metalform mags since the Glock base pads fit them and they fit my insert perfectly. I did have to smoothen up the feed lips and remove the sharp edges to make them feed 100%. Now I have to decide whether I need the 10 round mags as well. I have a serious magazine collecting problem. :lol: Thanks, Eric

2 hours ago, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello: I am going to stick with Metalform mags since the Glock base pads fit them and they fit my insert perfectly. I did have to smoothen up the feed lips and remove the sharp edges to make them feed 100%. Now I have to decide whether I need the 10 round mags as well. I have a serious magazine collecting problem. :lol: Thanks, Eric

Which Glock extensions are you using?

Hello: I am using the TTI 2-3 round flat ones that are production legal length. They bring the mags up to 36 rounds with no spring change. I plan on using them on the 20 round mags as well so I can do mag changes without beer canning the mags. I am not that good yet doing quick mag changes with the 32 round big stocks. That is also why I am thinking of getting the 10 round Metalform mags for classifiers. Thanks, Eric

IMG_0631-2.JPG

Edited by Aircooled6racer
19 minutes ago, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello: I am using the TTI 2-3 round flat ones that are production legal length. They bring the mags up to 36 rounds with no spring change. I plan on using them on the 20 round mags as well so I can do mag changes without beer canning the mags. I am not that good yet doing quick mag changes with the 32 round big stocks. That is also why I am thinking of getting the 10 round Metalform mags for classifiers. Thanks, Eric

IMG_0631-2.JPG

which ones 9/40, 43, 19/23?

From the picture it looks like you put the glock base pad on the mag backwards?  Did you have to remove any material to allow the mag follower room to enter the base pad?  You mentioned reliability in an earlier post, have you been successful with getting the metalform mag/glock basepad combo reliable?    Thanks for the ideas. 

Hello:  The base pad is on the same way it goes onto a Glock mag with the pin at the back. The base pad only allows the spring to be on the inside of the base pad, the follower does not go that far down. Yes I corrected all my magazine problems with the Metalforms. I deburred the magazine and polished the feed lips for smoother feeding. I am waiting on some 20 round mags right now to see how the TTI base pads will work on those. They should be able to reload faster for me than these 32 round mags for classifiers and unloaded starts. Another option I have thought of trying is the Dawson Glock base pads but they may not stay on very well. I did drill a hole in an old Glock aluminum base pad that I had and I had to install a screw at the back to stop it from coming off. So far the TTI base pad is the winner until someone else starts building some. Thanks, Eric

Thanks...obviously I am not a glock guy!  ;)  

Yeah, that looks like a pretty cool option.  BTW - i get more than 20 rounds in the 20 rounders i got from brownells.  They are marked at 20 rounds but hold more (I think about 4 rounds or so). 

Hello: I think Tim's coupler may be a great option for the Colt mags. You could use a 32 round and a 20 round mags to give you a nice size big stick. I am sure if Tim at Taccom has made it, it will be good to go. It it should be good for USPSA since it is not coupling two mags side by side just making one big stick. My 20 round mags are not here yet so I have not had a chance to test them with the TTI Glock base pads. Hopefully they arrive today and I can test them tomorrow. Thanks, Eric

15 hours ago, Sarge said:

We can't use couplers in USPSA PCC. All we need are extended pads to up the count. :)

sorry.......this is not the coupler that USPSA is talking about and these are legal for USPSA. Just talked with Mr. Foley about this today.

The couplers that USPSA is referring to are your normal side by side types.......as these only are used to allow the ammo to flow thru both magazines WITHOUT a magazine change, they are legal.

Tim

personally, I'm going 32 and 20........but 32 and 10 will be more than enough for USPSA.

We are making them as fast as we can ship them out, so they show backordered, but we are like 2 days out from receipt of order now.

1 hour ago, OPENB said:

I tried Dawson Glock base pads on my Metalform 32rd. mags, and they will not stay on. TTI seem to be working, but $32 for a base to go on my $13 mags is kinda steep. A more economical solution would be great. 

If you shoot OHIO this coming spring there will be a vendor there