Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2nd Annual IPSC Rifle Match - March 11th

That's right.  Kurt Miller and I would like to invite you to the 2nd annual IPSC Rifle Match in beautiful exotic Arcadia Oklahoma on March 11th.  This match will be just a little different from last year because all proceeds will go to the US National Rifle Team for the 2017 Rifle World Shoot.  We will have cool awards and a darn good time shooting 6 stages of IPSC rules rifle awesomeness.  I will setup the match on practiscore here in a bit for signing up.  The match fee will be a modest $60, but bring your money.  There will be items for bidding from some very generous sponsors, and again, all proceeds will help get the teams to Russia in June.  More sponsors are welcome!! :)

Mike

For those of us who've never shot IPSC Rifle before, what we can expect in terms of stages?  3GN / hoser-type stages, or more long-range, or maybe a mix of the two?  

Any special IPSC rules; specifically anything that would prevent a standard US Tact Optics rifle from being legal?   

Just trying to get a feel for the flavor of the match.      

So the match will be made up of 6 or 7 stages of varying skills.  We will shoot out to 300M both on paper and steel, and three of the stages will be considered "long range".  The other three will be in bays, but dont let that fool ya.  We will be shooting steel with rifles in bays at 35-40 yards (which is always awesome!) but they will be small and from probably uncomfortable positions.  Tight paper with some in your face hoser stuff sprinkled about.  Know your mechanical offset and I might even practice shooting weak shouldered and always plenty of off-hand.

I will be designing up the stages with my partner in crime over the holidays so you will know what to practice, although we will not be posting the stages..  Remember, it's comstock scoring so you gotta shoot Alpha's.  Oh and this year on the 300 yard off-hand shots, there will be penalties for misses and bonus points for hits..  :)  (That one is for our good friend that lives here)

3 hours ago, mike_pinto said:

So the match will be made up of 6 or 7 stages of varying skills.  We will shoot out to 300M both on paper and steel, and three of the stages will be considered "long range".  The other three will be in bays, but dont let that fool ya.  We will be shooting steel with rifles in bays at 35-40 yards (which is always awesome!) but they will be small and from probably uncomfortable positions.  Tight paper with some in your face hoser stuff sprinkled about.  Know your mechanical offset and I might even practice shooting weak shouldered and always plenty of off-hand.

I will be designing up the stages with my partner in crime over the holidays so you will know what to practice, although we will not be posting the stages..  Remember, it's comstock scoring so you gotta shoot Alpha's.  Oh and this year on the 300 yard off-hand shots, there will be penalties for misses and bonus points for hits..  :)  (That one is for our good friend that lives here)

Thanks for the info Mike - very helpful.  I'm going to try and make this one; sounds like a great way to kick off the new 3 Gun season by narrowing the focus to just one gun.  Looking forward to updates and registration info as it comes available.    

• 3 weeks later...

Starting to get a few folks signed up including that one family from Louisiana, what's their name???..  :)

Going to be a hoot with 3 long range stages and 3-4 shorter bay type stages.  Don't worry, if you run another match somewhere else, we won't ban you from competition or tell you you have to stop running matches..  This isn't the IPSC you know.  :)

• 3 weeks later...

I received a ton of interest about this match at SHOT and folks are excited about an all rifle IPSC style match.  We still have plenty of room and some big names signed up already.  We will be shooting out to 400M and all steel will be reactive.  We will be shooting paper out to 300 and we are changing the scoring a bit so there is incentive to try and get your hits..  Folks from last year know what I'm talking about..  :)

Remember, this will be a medal match and all proceeds after expenses will go to the US Teams for Rifle World Shoot 2017 in Russia.

Mike

• 1 month later...

Match has been CANCELLED.  Apologies from myself for the late notice but there were some last minute logistical issues that came up.  Refunds have been initiated for the 10 folks that prepaid.  Again, I apologize for the inconvenience but until I have my own range, these things can happen.