Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Primer Supplies Starting to Loosen up

jrguar

I heard a rumor that my local cabelas had primers in stock.. at least small pistol/small rifle... What a suprise to see full shelves...  Winchester/CCI/S&B some federal. The store guide asked if I needed any help.. and I asked if he had whole cases or should I just grab them off the shelves.. I think he was a little surprised them I grabbed 5 K small and 5K large primers... :) price was not great but it was not robbery either.....

Everything by me has been available pretty much all along except Federal SPP. Those were on sale a year or so back locally for like $22/1,000 but ever since then I haven't seen a single box anywhere. I can buy any other Federal, CCI, Winchester, and even a Remington.

I must live in a charmed area.  Whenever I run low I just go to the local gun shop and buy another case.  Prices are pretty standard at $150 per case, but sometimes they are on sale for $135.

Same thing with 22 ammo.  Expensive, but often available by the case.

I have to admit, its going to be a little strange not having to worry about supplies drying up every few months.  The last 8 years has been a rollercoaster for serious shooters.  I'm not sure I remember what its like hahaha.

On 12/8/2016 at 11:40 AM, Sarge said:

Some places have not gotten the memo!

Yeah, I still struggle to find small pistol primers in my area. I'd like to give the son-in-law some for Christmas, and will try Buckeye Outdoors again next week. 

As part of sanctions in 2014 they are on a ban list.  I like them and use them for everything but revolver  When Grafs or Weidners was closing them out they were selling SP mags for $16/k.   PV and even Midway commonly sold them for $100/5k case.  It would be nice if they started importing them again. 

1 hour ago, Bamboo said:

As part of sanctions in 2014 they are on a ban list.  I like them and use them for everything but revolver  When Grafs or Weidners was closing them out they were selling SP mags for $16/k.   PV and even Midway commonly sold them for $100/5k case.  It would be nice if they started importing them again. 

I use the Tula KVM223 primers in my 5.56 AR loads. I had bought like 20k from PV a while back, and never saw them again. They were a great deal because they are the "hard cup" design like the CCI41's, but basically half the price. Hopefully things open up in late January.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/19/2016 at 4:23 PM, thormx538 said:

I use the Tula KVM223 primers in my 5.56 AR loads. I had bought like 20k from PV a while back, and never saw them again. They were a great deal because they are the "hard cup" design like the CCI41's, but basically half the price. Hopefully things open up in late January.

I just picked up two bricks of the Tula primers for $21 each.  I was surprised to see it.