Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 35 open load recipe

tag129

1 hour ago, Hi-Power Jack said:

Looks like tag is trying lighter bullets and slower powders to make his comp work

in his OPEN gun.   The 180's and fast powders are  better for Limited guns.    :) 

Oops missed that... in that case buy a super gun, 40 open is for suckers :)

I printed up a list of powders on the market and its ranked on burn rate not sure where I got it but google knows.  I use HP38 aka win231.  Its slower than tightgroup,  I have not loaded 135s.  I would load 10-each of my best guess up and down and paper it.  Know what recoil spring you will use?

13 hours ago, Daft said:

I printed up a list of powders on the market and its ranked on burn rate not sure where I got it but google knows.  I use HP38 aka win231.  Its slower than tightgroup,  I have not loaded 135s.  I would load 10-each of my best guess up and down and paper it.  Know what recoil spring you will use?

Should probably go slower than 231/hp38. For open...

Google Hogdon relative burn rates.  Includes different mfgs. In relative rank hp/ 231=28, unique=31, blue dot=51. You have a long barrel and better sight picture with the 35, and there is something about the bullet in the barrel longer to spin and be more accurate.  Interested in what powder speed makes sense, depending on if its paper or reactive steel and the distance. A slower powder makes on paper.  

On 2016-12-08 at 6:12 PM, Daft said:

Probably 11 or 13 but it depends on the comp. 

i will try longshot and Autocomp first.