Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Thinking of quitting. Talk me out of it.

AzShooter

I am not in a chair but I no longer run.  Last surgery for a while was just yesterday. When my Orthopedic and hand problems were at their peak a couple years ago, I got a little depressed as far as shooting goes and sold off most of my gear.  I regretted it almost immediately.

I have set my goal to Steel shooting now with a semi auto since the hand problems limit use of a revolver.  I will never be competitive again but I am looking forward to competing again. 

It is real easy to give advice when it is not me it effects but here goes anyway.  If you don't have to, don't sell your gear.  If you can just put it away for a little until your attitude changes, do it.  Learn by my hasty mistake.  I hope you find a game you can enjoy. I know you will regret selling gear and totally leaving.

Best of luck to you and as much as everyone will say this, I truly wish you a Happy New Year and hope your range time becomes more enjoyable and frequent.

Hell, take a break and do something different for awhile. I hit the wall with shooting as well as my other interests. That's when it's best to switch gears and change it up. I did learn the hard way that I ALWAYS regretted selling equipment. There is a reason why shooting is important to you and it will come back around!