Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mass brass drying process needed

postalpainmaker

I have a nice open porch area that receives sunlight all day. Towel everything off with an old bath towel and spread out my brass on a mesh rack similar to what is shown in the video. On a ~90 degree day in Texas the brass is dry in less than an hour. If it's over 100 outside the brass is almost too hot to handle. Bless living in the South B)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/20/2017 at 8:33 PM, RiggerJJ said:

I prefer the simple approach; don't get the brass wet in the first place... ?

LOL...I'm almost thinking the same thing.  However, when you are running that much brass, then it is fairly easy because you probably already have some that is dry and ready to be reloaded.  But if you aren't running that much brass and have a lower amount where you are cleaning and reloading the same brass, then it seems like it would be a pain in the arse to have to wait for it to totally dry first before you can reload that same brass.  If it is where you can just let that "set" of brass dry and then work on another "set" of brass that has already dried for days or what not (or was stored for days/weeks already dried), then that is different and I could see where it doesn't matter really how long it takes to dry.

On 6/20/2017 at 11:13 PM, Daft said:

Kidding but take it all to Phoenix and spread it out in a Walmart parking lot

Ya, no kidding...anywhere in the Southwest lately and you could probably put it down on the ground in the 122* heat and have that stuff dried in about 20-30 min.  LOL!

• 2 months later...

I can't say I've done nearly as large a lot as you're talking, but I've done multiple cookie sheets in the oven.  Our new convection oven is much more efficient than our former traditional one, so may want to keep that in mind if you go the route of the used oven.  Or you may be able to retrofit some sort of air movement if you can't find one in the budget?

Edited by Nathan
Typos

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...